1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Susan G. Komen removes funding from Planned Parenthood

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by nef2005, Feb 3, 2012.

1. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

By now, most of us know your position on women. It's pathetic really...

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=4192833&postcount=39

"What a bunch of amateurs. I'm married, so I'm out of the dating scene, but women must do two simple things, and that's it. They have to keep my belly full and my balls empty."

Perhaps you've married a woman who can kill two birds with one stone and just feed you your own spunk.

1 person likes this.
  2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Since the thread has already been thoroughly derailed, could someone explain to me why there are pro-lifers who are okay with abortion in cases of pregnancy through incest and/or rape? I've always been curious.

3. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Because their holy book says so. It's a good thing many other holy books disagree along with supreme court ruling that a woman has the right to choose what she does with her body.

4. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

BWAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

APNewsBreak: Komen exec Karen Handel quits after funding flap

5. ChievousFTFace

[​IMG]

Just goes to show what happens when the silent majority is awakened by those who want to infringe their belief system on the helpless. Only pathetic scum can take a dump on an organization for breast cancer research in the name of fighting against abortion.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Your answer was stupid and didn't answer the question.

He was attempting to understand why people who are pro-life, which seemingly would imply they think the fetus is a life being murdered in an abortion, who will allow an exception in rape/incest. Isn't murder murder?

The answer is nuanced of course. Many pro-lifers are willing to accept that a woman who is raped is a moral grey area. They may personally feel this is still wrong, but accept that in these specific cases it's hard to tell a woman she must bring to term her attacker's child. They see a stark line differentiating a consenting woman who chose to have sex and a woman who was forced into her pregnancy against her will.

The rationalization is simple: You voluntary made a decision that now has a life (fetus) depending on you. To terminate it is murder. In the case of rape/incest, you have been forced to create this life and the law should not be able to force you to bring that life to term when it was by no decision of yours that it came to exist.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

But the fetus still has done nothing wrong. It didn't ask to be created, so how is it fair to the fetus that it's only murder in one case and not the other?

8. justtxyank

The argument being made is that in one case the life exists because a voluntary decision you made. As such, you have a responsibility to the life. In a rape/incest case that is obviously not true.

I don't think most people who allow for this exception see it as being "OK" rather they see it as a legal exception.

9. ChievousFTFace

It wasn't stupid, I simply misread the question.

What you state is correct, not all anti-choice folk think black-white. There are shades of grey and some sins are more forgiveable than others. Humans do sin and not all sins are created equal. To go on a tangent, one could argue that the baby of a rapist/murderer is more likely to become a rapist/murderer.

Not all pro-choice people think black-white too. Some are against partial birth abortions or an abortion that is past a certain timeframe. Adoption is something that has brought joy to countless families (including mine).

With so many nuances though, the anti-choice way of life could never work.

In America, it is a necessity to put our citizens and their freedom first. The law states that a fetus is not a citizen.

Many faiths here do not agree with the anti-choice point of view and do not wish to have it forced upon them. You need to look no further than the religion that Jesus was born into to see that they believe that a human has no soul until they are born.

10. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Well hopefully they'll hire someone with something greater than a high school degree.

11. ChievousFTFace

[​IMG]

Quitters gonna Quit

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Well if you want to get "grey" about it then a believer could say that God chooses who and when someone gets pregnant and if you were knocked up by your attacker and a fetus was created then it's God's will.

You then choose to go against God's creation right? RIGHT?

13. justtxyank

Sure, a lot of pro-lifers would make that argument.

14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I'm pro-children

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Beat me to it. As poorly as this has been handled I was pretty sure she was going to resign / fired.

16. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah, I consider myself a Christian but this is where I draw the line.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

This isn't going to be the end of it.

Komen has become basically a giant, soulless marketing machine. Their entire board is composed of pubbies hell bent on steering the organization in a more and more socially conservative direction.

This was just an overreach that caused a few people to be sacrificed for PR reasons.

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I stopped supporting them when they tried to copyright "the cure".

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RS_ux2H473I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  20. Hightop

Hightop Member

Above all, Planned Parenthood is a business.

[​IMG]