1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Susan G. Komen removes funding from Planned Parenthood

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by nef2005, Feb 3, 2012.

1. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

The #1 breast cancer charity, which is supposed to be non-partisan cuts grants for the #1 breast cancer screening service in the country UNDER THE GUISE of a partisan political witchhunt (or investigation as you would like to call it).

A spade was called a spade. They lost donors, sponsors and walkers who had given their time, heart and money to a cause they love. It wasn't the left who vilified them, IT WAS THEIR OWN PEOPLE!

[​IMG]

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We also know this backfired completely for anyone wanting to shut out funding for Planned Parenthood.

New York Mayor Bloomberg donated 250K as reaction to Komen removing the funding.

What a disaster for them.

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Im sure the corporate partners were giving the pressure...Such as the NFL and MLB. Think of those tie-ins. Hell, Madden games in October has pink throughout just like the NFL.... SGK would have lost a LOT of money.

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Get off your ****ING High Horse. t's not your ****ing body....until u can poop out a baby, SHUT THE **** UP.

1 person likes this.
  5. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I think it is true, and that's why I think the pro-life movement is a joke. The right wing is supposed to be about personal freedom. Why do they want to get involved in the personal business of every woman in America?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again until the day I die....if men became pregnant, there would be more abortion clinics than fast food restaurants in this country!

6. Hightop

Hightop Member

I don't think Komen was embracing any abortion pulpit, they were just trying to get donations from those who might have an objection to their association with PP. (if you don't buy their official explanation)

7. nef2005

nef2005 Member

By alienating the group that was ok with their association.

I know that when I'm looking for new friends, I try to piss off my old, faithful friends by doing so.

If you can't see this (read also: abortion) as a political issue, I encourage you read anything that cites Roe v Wade and has a comments section.

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

But it is the baby's body, so you're wrong.

9. Hightop

Hightop Member

Well they made the mistake of thinking their old friends were as "tolerant" as they claimed.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Tolerant of what, exactly?

11. Hightop

Hightop Member

Tolerant and understanding of those who might have an issue with their breast cancer fighting donations going to an organization that also performs abortions.

12. DonnyMost

Just because you tolerate something doesn't mean you have to accept/adopt it.

13. Hightop

Hightop Member

So liberals don't accept fighting breast cancer if it's not done with an organization that performs abortions?

14. DonnyMost

Questions that lead or presuppose things are a poor choice of debate tactics.

Just because someone else has an issue with it, doesn't mean they have to have an issue with it, too, in order to be tolerant. No one has to adopt your way of thinking or agree with it in order to be tolerant.

You've never had a good grasp on the word, and this thread is no different.

15. Hightop

Hightop Member

No, but they can respect opinion and find a mutual compromise for a greater cause. Once again the left is shown as the epitome of hypocrisy and intolerance.

Arian Foster 2012

16. DonnyMost

Translation: wahhh wahhh my side lost

You're the last one who should be whining about compromise, Mr. "Get the government out of everything".

There's some grade A hypocrisy for you.

But alas, we tolerate your bulls**t around here. (or at least until you get banned again)

17. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

They're probably smugly pleased about it, since they think that killing babies should be a right of all.

18. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

i'm guessing the Susan G Komen group will just have to make do without texxx's and hightops generous donations this yr :(.

1 person likes this.
  19. Hightop

Hightop Member

Well if I do have a side, it's the side of tolerance for a greater cause. I guess it did lose. Oh well, hooray for intolerant divisiveness in the name of symbolic sacred cows - even if it means the complete destruction of a cancer fighting charity. Liberal compassion knows no bounds.

20. DonnyMost

Yes, and their side is tolerance for the greatest cause. (lol, see what I did there? branding is so easy!) Go team USA apple pie puppy breath!

Once again you have no idea what tolerance means. Tolerance is allowing you to have and speak your own opinion. Tolerance does not entitle you to having your desires fulfilled or adopted.

Komen destroyed itself, and it was one of the worst charities out there to begin with. I'll be happy if every dollar that was to go to them ends up in the hands of a more worthy organization like the BCRF or the NBCF.