1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Survivor Samoa

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VooDooPope, Sep 17, 2009.

Tags:
  1. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

If he's a plant, I hope they didn't pay him much. I put the over under on his elimination at 3.5, and I'll take the under.

That said, it's good to see someone playing "differently" and if he makes it to the merge, people will want to keep him because he's a jackass and they think they'll win in a vote against him. Not that this will happen. Again, taking the under on 3.5.

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I would be kind of shocked if he makes it to the merge as well. He's too loud and doesn't seem to realize that when the group is this large the last thing you want to do is make yourself a point of interest.

3. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Initial feeling is that he is definitely hamming it up. Doesn't seem geniune at all.

Still, it is interesting to see how people react to him. Hopefully he doesn't get too far because I got my fair share of villain blowhards after Coach last season.

4. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

http://blogs.chron.com/peep/2009/09/we_love_survivors_evil_russell.html

Well it looks like Russell is probably going to be on the show for quite a while because he apparently is doing Survivor All Stars. I wouldn't think that he would get picked for that if he gets kicked off in the first half of the season.

I think he's made the show more interesting, but his act could get tiring fast.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, and they are promoting him like crazy on all the ads. He even has his own theme music (Bad to the Bone). :rolleyes:

I don't think he'll win, but he's probably going to be around a while and get lots of camera time.

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

this is the first time I have watched Survivor..so my thoughts probably have little to do with how they do things since I dont know about the show.

I would think that Russell running round talking crap will get him kicked pretty soon once people start talking to each other and realize he says something different to each one of them.

I was talking to a friend of mine this weekend, and he commented that Russell is from Crosby...as far as I know, there are no oil companies based out of Crosby(podunk), Texas so I would imagine his "job" is just as real as everything else he has said so far.

7. cson

cson Contributing Member

He's playing fast, loud and loose, not a good combo. also after 12 minutes I was tired of watching him.

8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I know what you mean but people in this show tend to get bullied pretty easily esp. this early in the game. Curious to see how long he actually survives.

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah...look at Jonny :(

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Dude is really annoying. Making up that Katrina story is weak-sauce imo.

11. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

can't believe Russell found the idol just like that. he's a plant. :eek:

12. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Ketchup sandwiches and Kool-Aid. We were like lol wut? Did he just say that?

Homie better stay on the farm or in the burbs. Nice fight though.

13. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Yeah, THAT dude is making me laugh my ass off.

Russell is a jackass, but there has been some definite smart strategy going on in his noggin.

If that black dude(Jrai??? I don't remember his name) actually does organize a ku against him that early, then that'd be an awesome twist. But I think it was just a teaser that wont actually be happening.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

LOL at that guy being the first one in Survivor history to be kicked out of a competition. What a boob.

15. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

holy cow. russ found the 3rd idol. he is officially the best survivor ever. he came back to the same spot where dave looked at earlier. and found what he didn't find. wow.

16. updawg

updawg Member

Really makes you wonder if he's Bern planted there. Either way I've been watching for some reason

17. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

The guy is pretty amazing. Texas EquuSearch should try and recruit this dude.

18. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

Good thing I followed survivor this season. The hunters are now the hunted. Voting eric off was dumb.

19. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

I'm so glad I randomly decided to watch Survivor again for the first time in like 10 seasons. This season has been awesome.

20. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

At least now the numbers are equal between the former tribes and it's going to be a free for all until the end.

Let the blind siding and back stabbing really begin.

oh and I bet Russell can't keep his big mouth shut about the new idol though the next episode.