1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Survivor 20: Heroes Vs. Villians

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

i'm LOLing pretty hard

2. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

The simple fact of the matter is that the greatest player in Survivor history wouldn't have to try and buy the title off a lightweight like Natalie.

1 person likes this.
  3. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

even before the season started, my coworked pick Russell and i picked Boston Rob, and week after week the tension between those two made it a great season, up until Tyson screwed his 6-man alliance... my allegiance lies with the Rob-Father, his enemy is my enemy

Rob is the captain, with Rob, his team was unified at the challenges, winning rewards, winning immunity...
    Russell is the cancer, self preservation was his game plan, anyone that was a threat he disconnected with them ASAP... and honestly, i believe he was jealous of Boston Rob, that's why he attacked him

Sandra winning the game feels like redemption for her original alliance

great win, Sandra

4. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Can someone confirm this? Near the end of the last day, when they had a few of those "alone" interviews, Russell talked about how his game play cost him votes with the jury against Natalie in the previous season.

How did he know this? He played back to back seasons, so he did not know the outcome of the previous season while filming H v. V. Was he told?

5. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I don't see why the jury wouldn't say who they voted for on 'survivor resort' after the recording is over? But I confess I don't know their 'NDA' agreement.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Late to the party, but....

What a bunch of p*****s those jury members were. Coach and Rupert almost coming to tears because big bad mean Wussell hurt their wittle vaginas. :rolleyes:

If I were on that jury and I had been "screwed" by Russell, I'd get up there, tip my cap to him, say "good game" and give him my vote for being the best player.

You really can't take anything that happens personally IMO. It's a GAME. I understand the women being mad at him, but the guys too?

Wussies.

7. ima_drummer2k

Oh, and I think Parvati should've won because of her amazing ASS.

8. sbyang

sbyang Member

I think people underestimate how much of an ass Russell is on a day to day basis. It's conceivable to tip your cap and vote to someone who outplayed you. But can you vote for a guy who constantly went around insulting everyone, telling them how great he is, got you kicked off, then told you some more how great he was? Wouldn't you just get really mad at that guy and vote for someone else out of spite?

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Think that's pretty much been proven twice over now.

10. ima_drummer2k

I hear you and obviously that's what happens on every jury vote. Russell should've thought more about that. You can screw people over without them knowing you're screwing them over. Hell, look at Shelia Jackson Lee!

I'm just saying, if it were ME in that jury, I would put all my personal feelings aside and vote for the best player. In both seasons, Russell has OWNED that game all the way up to the jury vote. I would never NOT vote for someone just because he/she hurt my feelings.

"You're taking this very personal."

[​IMG]

11. sbyang

sbyang Member

For people saying Sandra was undeserving, think about how strong her game was.

Sandra had a great strategy for the final tribal council. She defeated Parvati 6-3, receiving all 5 hero votes plus Courtney's vote. Sandra's strategy for the final tribal was to tell the heroes, hey I tried to side with you guys, I tried to help you win, you idiots wouldn't listen to me, I'm really a hero, I hate Russell as much as all of you. Sandra had those 5 people in the palm of her hand. It was a great political speech and absolutely the correct vote gaining strategy.

Sandra was on the outs with her tribe right after Boston Rob got kicked off, yet did she have her name written down once? She was without any alliance since the merge and she was never in danger of going home. She tried to get Russell kicked off and was one of the few to stand up to Russell. But she was the only one that Russell never even considered voting off. Even in the end he was going for Pavarti or Jerri. Sandra probably heard Russell's opinion of her (i.e. she can't beat him) and just fed that stuff right back to Russell (yeah you're right Russell, I'll take the 100k), while just chuckling deep down because she knew he wouldn't get any votes.

Sandra was a master flip flopper. She was ready to go with the heroes, but immediately flipped back when she realized the votes weren't there. No one ever called her out on the flip flopping, the heroes actually felt bad that she 'had' to vote them out. Compare that to how much grief Candice got and you can see how well Sandra plays these people. The only person to get mad at Sandra was Jerri, who was basically clueless the whole game.

12. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Sandra played a good game. She acted weak so that she was never a threat all while befriending the other players. She tried to make moves against Russell and when it didn't work, she made sure she was not the one going home. The one time she was definitely on the outs she played on Russell's paranoia and got him to vote out Coach.

I disagree that Russell played the best game throughout. For one he did not make friends. He also made a critical strategic mistake when he voted out Danielle. He could have easily made the same arguments and gotten Parvati voted off. Plus he was not as in control as everyone makes him out to be. He played an immunity idol when he was safe. He also should have voted off Parvati or Sandra at the end. He still would not have won, but I think he would have gotten second. I don't see Jerri getting a single vote.

I think Parvati played a little better than Russell. She won immunity when she needed it. She let him take the social hits for all the blind sides, even though she knew about almost all of them. She also made the best move I have ever seen in survivor. She played two idols which allowed the villains to get control of the game. Her big mistake was not taking out Russell when he was gunning for Danielle. She could have easily formed an alliance to take him out. I think she could have gotten into the finals with Danielle and Jerri to easily win the game.

13. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

that was more of Russell wanting the credit, rather than Parvati dodging the blame

which is even more evidence showing that Russell didn't play to win... he played to dominate... like the scoring champ or MVP who can't win a championship

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's weird how viewers root for Russel but would hate it if some SOB pull off the same crap to them. Definitely one of the most entertaining players.

I also think Parvati outplayed Russel. She was right that people hated her from the beginning so she couldn't have batted her eyes and played innocent like Natalie.

Imo, the two immunity idol play was the best move of the season. She read them like a book.

15. sbyang

sbyang Member

I'm going to make an excuse for Russell: he was exhausted.

We didn't get to see how much weight he lost from season 19, but the physical difference is startling. It's not like Russell was playing a quiet game during either season either. He was gunned for and gunning for people 24/7 from day 1.

I think Russell cracked mentally after awhile. What's interesting is that he could still play the physical game, still be sneaky and nasty, still kick people off right and left. My theory is that stuff like this is easy for Russell, he's just a naturally nasty person. The thing that's hard for him is to play nice with people, because he has to hide who is really is when he tries to not be an ass. Russell was disliked during both seasons, but the level of hatred for him this season was much higher, I think that was because he couldn't control himself as much and got much nastier.

16. Agent94

Agent94 Member

I think Russell might be a sociopath, or close to it. He has a hard time reading peoples emotions. So he has to dominate the game to get to the end because he has no idea how everyone else is feeling. That's why he has so much trouble deciding who to bring with him in the end. And its why he will never be able to win it all.

How do you explain him voting off Jerri. Do you really think she is going to vote for you the next day after blind siding her and costing her $100,000.

17. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Sir you are so correct, Russell played the game his way and nobody could stop him, not even Sandra. It's a game and the jury was just plain sour. Similar to when I beat my 9 yr old son in a board game and when he realizes he's losing he gets mad, starts call me a cheater and quits so he won't lose.

Sometimes when you lose, but you try your hardest. It's best to walk across the field shake the hand of the guy that just beat you and tell him good game. Very disappointed that not even one member on the jury had the balls to do it. Wussies!!!!

The jury didn't pick the person who played the game the best, they picked whoever they disliked the least, that's taking the easy road. Wussies!!!!

Survivor was a let down, I might as well being watching American Idol!! At least the public gets to vote. :confused: IMO there should never be a game where the losers gets too pick the winner. The winner ought to be the last man/woman standing. Now that's a survivor!! Not a popularity contest.

18. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

19. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member