1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Survivor 20: Heroes Vs. Villians

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

he has a point, you gonna address that point or act childish?

2. what

what Member

The game all comes down to petty high school clicks.

Russell made Boston Rob, Tyson, and JT all look foolish. Yet, they throw their vote behind Sandra while they all say she had the proper game play. That is a cop out. Russell, last season, took a 4 person alliance against an 8 person alliance and knocked them off one by one. When it matters Russell wins immunity. He did it last season and this season. He grabs parviti from the jowls of defeat by two brilliant moves, and he is hated for it. Then they call him the devil, lol, when they tried to run him. They tried to do EVERYTHING russell was able to do, and yet parviti says that she would have voted for Sandra. It is criminal. Then you have Rupurts dumb self, and even jeff say that Russell was stupid for starting the fight, when rupert was the one who came after russell, not the other way around.

3. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

may not have room for you on russell's nuts brah, gettin crowded

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

excuse me child?

If you had any actual reading faciltity, you would know I have posted against that guy from day one. I, like Coach, Do NOT respect his ethics and therefore would never vote for him....but if you think Sandra actualy did somethings...anything to deserve to win, you are delusional.

It should have been either pavratai, or one of the ones that didnt make it to F4.

Now....[puts on moderator hat] respond respectfully or you will face a penalty.[moderator hat off]

5. sbyang

sbyang Member

Russell is very entertaining. He's good at finding and using idols, manipulating others, and controlling things. He's got major flaws that stop him from winning. He's really really good at pissing people off and losing their vote, he's delusional about his chances with the jury.

If someone like Russell can make it to the merge, that person has a very good chance of being in the final 3. Nobody wants Russell to go because they know how much hate there is for him. Being in a final 3 with Russell is like being in a final 2. I'm surprised Sandra tried to take Russell out because Russell is such an easy opponent in the final 3.

6. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Russell doesn't know how to not piss people off. If he would have spent a weekend thinking about that before going to the island, he would have won back to back Survivors. Unfortunately for him, this game is decided by the people you're pissing off. Fair or not, it is how the game has always worked. (Have been some exceptions, but the greater evils doesn't normally win)

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Russell bets on the fact that people will reward him for playing the game better than anyone. He does.

Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to realize that the votes that count are from the other people playing.

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I really think that if he had time to watch his entire first season before he was doing the H vs V, he would have figured out that the jury votes normally go to people they dont hate instead of someone they hate that plays the game well.

Personal feelings always matter in the end to the jury.

9. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

The goal by <i>Villains</i> (like Russell) was not to go to the Final Round with anybody from the <i>Heroes</i> tribe because of perception of the Jury voting for somebody from the <i>Heroes</i>.

Yet, by going to the Finals with a total <i>Villain</i> slate, that loaded the Jury with <i>Heroes</i> who voted for the <i>Villiain</i> (Sandra) that was able to craft an image of being the most like a <i>Hero</i>. Whether Sandra did that intentionally or lucked into that strategy, it worked.

If Russell had taken an alternate approach and gotten to the Final Round with two <i>Heroes</i> (example: Colby & Rupert), there would have been two less <i>Heroes</i> on the Jury. That would have created the possibility of the two <i>Heroes</i> splitting votes from the remaining <i>Heroes</i> on the Jury and Russell hopefully gaining a fair number of votes from <i>Villains</i> on the Jury.

#109 Mango, May 17, 2010
    Last edited: May 17, 2010
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Rupert was done when Parvati won immunity when there were 5 left.

Also, I think all the Heroes knew Colby was useless and defeated.

I guess if Russel used that strategy, he would've avoided targeting Amber, but at that point he was acting fearful and paranoid that the heroes were the bigger threat and would've had to convince himself and his alliance that lame Colby had to go.

11. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

It's sad how Russell didn't even get ONE vote. The jury once again are a bunch of idiots that can't stand the fact that they were outplayed. I know playing social is one aspect of the game but Sandra did not deserve to win. Her social game may have been better than Russell's but her strategic and physical game can't even be compared. It seems like the jury only takes into account the social/personal aspect of the game when they vote which is really dumb. Sandra didn't do jack **** all game except for finding and using one immunity idol. Basically she was the least hated person of the 3 and was rewarded a million dollars for it. Russell controlled the game from day one and when he wanted someone gone, they were gone the next tribal council, whether he did it by being a complete liar and manipulator the jury should have still respected that he would do anything to win.

12. sbyang

sbyang Member

I think Colby threw a few challenges here and there.

Once he realized that he wasn't doing well in challenges anyway he decided to make himself weak in order to be the last one voted off.

Colby tried again when it came to be his turn at elimination and he nearly beat Parvarti. People can blame Colby for being weak all they want but once it got down to final 9 Colby played a very good game.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That might be the case, but I don't think the jury would've been split over Rupert and Colby.

14. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Sandra = Most undeserving winner ever.

Twice.

I still love the game.

Russell just doesn't understand the personal side of the Jury and that's what makes the game great.

Blindside 9 people then get them to vote for you. Brilliant.

15. mic

mic Contributing Member

Blah. It's annoying that the personal/social aspect is by far the overriding factor when it comes to the jury. I thought All Stars would be less emotive in their voting... Can't believe Russell didn't get a SINGLE vote. I love how they all say, "We get that it's a game." Their actions don't live up to that.

16. renwickftw

renwickftw Member

Personally I feel that Parvati should've won, not Sandra, as she actually saved herself by winning those challenges when everybody wanted her out in the last few episodes. While Sandra just rode everybody's backs, but didn't really make any enemies and in the end they just saw her as a "hero" and gave her the money.

Russell basically dug his own grave with his comments at the last tribal council though. The guy is WAY too self centred, always wanting to be the boss of EVERYTHING, and I mean seriously? You really think whenever someone finds an idol that they should immediately report to you? Please. I think that he might've gotten at least a few votes, if he actually stopped for a minute and thought about his replies at the tribal council. Getting to the end has nothing to do with luck? You didn't "do something wrong"? You're not the devil? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If Russell replied more intelligently and didn't protect his "honor" of his lack of honor, and didn't just say "I played hard...in backstabbing everyone to get here" then I'm sure he would've gotten some votes, and perhaps might've even won. It was obvious on the expressions of the villians: :rolleyes: , that Russell had no chance. The reunion was quite hilarious though...guess Russell just doesn't get the second half of the game, like JT said.

1 person likes this.
  17. mic

mic Contributing Member

I think you're forgetting the very valid point that Russell made, though--He played ONE game... two seasons long, back to back. If he had had time to reflect and watch himself play the game, I don't think he would've been so on edge. Russell definitely had some major slip up moments, and his final tribal was awful, for sure, but everyone acting as if they don't play the game, too? Makes me :rolleyes: harder than anything.

18. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I disagree with the opinion that Sandra was undeserving. She manipulated Russell into voting out Coach when it was going to be her or Courtney next to go.

She stood up to Russell when it was clear that everyone else was either intimidated by him or trying to kiss up to him. She tried to vote out Russell 3 times. The first time JT thought he and Russell were BFFs. The second time Candace got scared and ran back to Russell and spilled the beans. The third time Rupert went back to Russell and did the same thing.

She was also the best in front of the Jury. Russell and Parvati were not that convincing in their arguments to the Jury.

Oh yeah and she burned Russell's hat. That was hilarious!

19. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

'nuff said

20. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

you obviously did not watch russell's original season if you think sandra is most underserving ever.... blonde chick did nothing