1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Survivor 20: Heroes Vs. Villians

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Mar 24, 2010.

1. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Seriously....WTH. Geez :mad:

2. what

what Member

Sandra just pimped Russell. As i said before, don't sleep on sandra. That girl is extremely smart.

I can't believe the heroes are stupid enough to give russell a hidden immunity idol.

I can't even fathom how crazy this game for him is.

3. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Wild guess as to why JT would do that:

JT thinks there is an all girl allience, and that Russell will be gone. That would leave a strong five girl alliance going into the merge. So JT thinks that by giving Russell the idol, then the villians would be forced to vote off one of those 5 girls. If that's what JT is thinking, then it'll still work out for the Heros, because either Sandra or Courtney (whomever is left) will go screaming the truth at the top of her lungs the minute a merge is announced. Russell will be safe for one vote (because he has an immunity idol, but one of his lackies (Parvati, Danielle, or Jerri) will be voted off. Russell has no chance after that.

4. B

B Contributing Member

Yeah, furthest I see Russell getting at this point is top 7.

5. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Yeah, I remember saying that once. It was last season, shortly before he made it all the way to the end. It's a very dangerous thing to underestimate Russell.

6. B

B Contributing Member

He's done well, and I thought he should have won last season. But from his look of utter disappointment at the end of last season, and him being the last guy on his tribe I don't see how he make it to the top 4. Russell will find a way to survive 3-4 more votes, but his days are numbered. If it was any other guy on the Villain tribe I say they have 1-3 weeks left tops.

Russell is one of the best to play the game, but Survivor isn't always about the best player. Someone like Parvati or Sandra will win because they can deflect attention to others, and turn their game to another level towards the end of the game. Russell has to play every second to overcome his personality which makes him a constant target.

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

That's pretty much what I thought as well.

Does anyone else think it's a huge disadvantage to the other players that everyone knows everybody elses playing style except for Russell's?

8. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Villians were idiots. Getting rid of their strong players so early because of egos. No way should Courtney or Sandra still be there in place of Rob and Coach who were both tools but much better at challenges than skeletor and sandra.

9. mic

mic Contributing Member

But this isn't the first time this has happened, and it won't be the last.

I mean, if you think about it, Sandra won Survivor in her season, and Courtney made it to top three in China.

I don't think letting go of Coach was the worst thing they could have done (though I do find Coach really entertaining), especially with a merge presumably on the horizon. I think getting rid of Rob was kind of essential for Russell to continue in the game (and vice versa). This is next level Survivor, so everyone is pretty much out for him/herself.

10. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Oh yeah it's going to be a free for all at the merge. Check that... it's been a free for all the whole season.

11. Behad

Exactly. The stratagizing began the minute they landed. No one has thought like a team, it's all individual. The last challenge was the perfect example...the villains should have paired Courtney and Sandra together, and conceded that race. The heroes put Rupert up against Coach, knowing that Rupert would lose. That left their strongest team (JT and Colby) to match up against anyone the villains threw at them.

Of course, it would not have mattered, because Russell and Parvati still would have lost. But if this group thought as a team from the beginning, then Rob and Tyson would have been there instead of Sandra and Courtney.

The villains team sucks, and it's because of Russell. Surely they see that soon, or they are all doomed.

12. Trip

Trip Member

Well had Rob and Tyson not been voted out, Sandra and Courtney would still be there regardless, and Russell and Parvati would be gone. That tribe would still be pretty weak considering that Parvati is the strongest girl on the Villains tribe. Courtney and Sandra are still in the game because they pose no threat to win immunity upon a merge, but that will still be very dangerous. Time and time again we've seen weak players work their way under the radar and make the top 5.

BTW, did anyone else see that Russell voted for Courtney last night? I thought that Danielle was the extra Courtney vote but it was surprising to see that it was Russell. Was this planned amongst Danielle/Parv/Russell or did Danielle and Parvati decide on it themselves?

13. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

It's not because of Russell, it's because the weak-minded fools in that tribe allowed themselved to get played by Russell.

Russell only plays the game the way it is supposed to be played. If they aren't smart enough to see through it and get rid of him, then I think they get what the deserve.

14. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

there's no more room on russell's nuts, get off pls

15. mic

mic Contributing Member

Actually, I hadn't noticed that! Weird.

And I mean... Let's all be serious here. TYSON voted himself out.

16. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

To me it looks like everything is playing into Russell's hands. The heroes are thinking the women are in control, Russell know this and JT is gonna buddy up with Russell and give him the immunity idol. I like JT, but he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

17. Behad

But this can only last until the merge, when Sandra/Courtney tell the Heroes the truth. And when that happens, the other girls will jump from Russell like rats off a ship. The Heroes will vote off Russell's alliance until they have enough to force him to use the HII. Then vote him off the next week. Parvati and Jerri are smart enough to know this.

18. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Well it looks like the merge is coming quick and now that Russell has a idol(thanks to JT thinking he knows what the Villains have planned, dumb rookie move if you ask me.), and Parvati has a idol(that Russell knows nothing about yet), they have the power. Parvati will tell Russell on a guarantee they'll go to the final 2 and when the merge happens the Villains will have the numbers with Russell/Parvati in control and 2 idols. Somewhere along the way Russell and Parvati will have to blindside one another.

19. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

where the heck did JT get a notepad and a pen? THIS IS CRAZY

20. Trip

Trip Member

According to Jeff Probst's blog it was part of Amanda's luxury items that was won at a reward challenge.