1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Survey: Saddam Killed 61,000 in Baghdad

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Dec 9, 2003.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

citations please?

2. basso

Supporting Member

and that's a problem, but i'd rather worry about it w/out having to worry that some fascist fanatic w/ dynamite strapped to their chest is going to try and give me a hug.

3. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

So you live in Tel Aviv, eh?

4. basso

Supporting Member

spent 6 weeks there several summers ago- a bus blew up a few days after i arrived, and another one on the day i left. let's just say my position on the israeli/palistinian conflict was greatly altered by that experience.

5. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

but i'd rather worry about it w/out having to worry that some fascist fanatic w/ dynamite strapped to their chest is going to try and give me a hug.

Sadly if we insist on treating 1.4 billion Muslims like dirt and applying Israeli tactics to Iraq, Iran Syria etc. we may reach that point.

As shown in Israel, just brutality won't prevent it. As a matter of fact it will increase the chances.

6. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

How many times does it have to be pointed out that WE are the ones who removed the inspectors so that we could invade? Saddam had let the inspectors back in and was allowing them to complete their work, as they would have if we hadn't yanked them out. It is the fault of the US that the weapons inspectors were removed from Iraq. Saddam was complying with UN resolutions, we are the ones who broke the treaty.

7. basso

Supporting Member

8. GladiatoRowdy

9. GladiatoRowdy

I am not saying that Saddam NEVER broke a resolution, but the United States removed the weapons inspectors early this year so that we could invade. Saddam was complying to try to save his a$$ and our Cowboy in Chief decided that the weapons inspectors weren't going to do the job and that we needed to invade so that we could find the WMDs that we had "intelligence" about. Do you dispute these facts?

10. basso

Supporting Member

the link was to UN resolution 1441, which clearly lays out Saddam's violations of 12 previous UN resolutions. these are the facts. the link works for me, perhaps you need Acobat Reader ?

11. GladiatoRowdy

Even if Saddam did violate resolutions, it was NOT up to the US to find Iraq in violation. Saddam violated the resolutions and THEN he allowed the inspectors back in and began complying again. As far as the UN (you know, the agency whose resolutions were violated) was concerned, Saddam was doing what he was supposed to do. When we couldn't make a strong enough case for war to pass the UNSC, we decided to cowboy up and go it alone (I don't count the countries we paid off for support as a "coalition").

BTW, I have Acrobat reader and writer and your link does not work.

12. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

61,000 Iragis most Shi-ite moslems. Thanks to Bush senior the traitor. I say this not to take spotlight from the dead but to shed a little light of perspective.

Sadam is definitely a killer.

But both George Ws are not good either. I cannot trust George bush. My gut feelings tell me that George W Bush cares more about re-election and politics more than he cares about the true plight of Iraqis or the oppressed world wide.

13. basso

Supporting Member

i'd agree that GWB's recent conversion is motivated not so much by love of democracy, but becasue he sees it as the best way to protect american interests and security.