1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Surprisingly happy for Dallas?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J-Tang, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

LOL did anyone see the second best center in the universe, Dampier, totally ignored by Jason Kidd at the end?? hahaha.

2. GovernorAggie

GovernorAggie Member

No prob here. Congrats to the Mavericks. I gained a whole new respect for Dirk this postseason. And I'm glad Kidd got him a ring

OTOH, I'm just as happy that the Heatles were shown to be "who we thought they were" Lol. That it was Dallas who didn't "let them off the hook" is immaterial for me.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

If they repeat. I don't know what I'd do. Can't even watch the post-game celebration. Makes me sick to my stomach.

4. lionaire

lionaire Member

Not very happy that the Mavericks won, just EXTREMELY HAPPY that the LeBron and the Heat lost.

5. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Member

I'm glad it's over so I can go back to hating Dallas. They could have played anyone else in the east and I'd have been rooting against them.

6. mtbrays

mtbrays Member
    Supporting Member

Happy for the players who obviously worked hard to get here tonight.

Unfortunately, they play for the most insufferable fan base in the country. Prepare to hear nothing but "Jordan wasn't playing!" about our two and for them to act as though they've won 100.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Member

I'm happy for the individual players.

But eff the city.

8. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Member

I wasn't so much cheering for Dallas as I was cheering against the Heat. And now that they've won it, I'm happy for 'em. It's a veteran team that plays the game the right way. Gotta appreciate that.

I may in time root for the Heat to win, if they can gain some humility, stfu and just play.

9. Remix

Remix Member

Duck Fallas. We still have more championships.

Seeing all these grats Dallas post on my facebook wall is making me sick.:mad:

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Gained a greater respect for Dirk but Duck Fallas and their obnoxious fan base.

11. Yoda

Yoda Member

You will all regret rooting for them. Give it a few years b4 Mavs fans talk about their championship being better than both of ours and how Dirk is better than Hakeem. You're all idiots to have sided with such fans.

12. Obito

Obito Member

Happy for Dirk, Kidd and Marion.

Glad to know that there's no way they'll repeat though.

C'mon Rockets, let's get back in contention!

.....please :(

13. J-Tang

J-Tang Member

part of it is because I don't see them repeating next year.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

This is probably the first and last ring Dirk will ever earn. They're too old to repeat. So good for him that he finally gets one now.

I don't like Kidd, but happy for Jirk, Marion, Chandler, and Sto.

Enjoy this Heat haters, because next year is probably gonna be theirs.

15. MONON

MONON Member

I even have a little (but not much) respect for Cuban. He stayed out of the picture for most of the playoffs, got the 1st owner of the Mavs on the podium to receive the trophy 1st, & then answered 1 question before telling the commentator to talk to Carlile, Dirk, etc. That was class.

16. Spooner

Spooner Member

THIS.

17. MLittle577

MLittle577 Member

The best team won, I can't hate on that.

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Member

How does this make sense?

I'm happy for the Mavs. Echo some of the sentiments in this bread - hopefully not too many annoying Dallas fans out there, otherwise much respect for the Mavs run. They're built similarly to the Rockets championship teams, and it's beautiful to watch such a well oiled machine.

19. GovernorAggie

GovernorAggie Member

I personally don't care what their fans do. We'd do the same if the roles were reversed. No matter anyway, because Spurs fans still have more rings than the other Texas teams combined.

On another note--I just realized that along with all Texas teams having rings--7 in total, both of Lebron's Finals losses were against Texas teams.

In a dream world, the Rockets would make it a trifecta.