1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sura's food to the table, and the future

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rich_argh, Nov 12, 2004.

Tags:
  1. rich_argh

rich_argh Member

So what will Bob bring us when he comes back?
    I think he will be a great addition as to speeding the offensive up, and guarding taller players that charlie/lue cant guard.

I think we're building up a perfect line-up for the future, we just need a few more upgrades.

starting line-up by the end of the season -
    Yao - C - all set, perfect C
    Mo T - PF - all set, has exceeded my expectations so far, has learned great rebounding and 3 pointing, just need to reduce fouls.
    T-Mac - SG - all set, perfect SG
    Bob Sura - PG - will replace Charlie most likely because of his age, this guy has speed and height to go against most PGs, needs to learn to be super unselfish if he hasn't learned it yet. I wonder if this guy will bring up the ball instead of T-Mac when he comes back. Maybe next offseason we'll get a back-up for PG and not a starter PG like everyone is hoping for.
    Jim Jackson - SF - I dont know how long this guy still has, but he's doing ok so far, but I think we'll need to get ready to replace this guy, need to find another consistent 3 point shooter and defender.

Dikembe - sadly, his time is over after this year, and we'll need a good lay-up/rebound/blocker C next year.
    Charlie Ward - we'll need to find a new backup PG
    Scott Padgett - ????????????????????????
    Spoon - bye bye big guy
    Boki - i hear we didnt sign this guy to an extension, can we still sign it? if he improves his 3/slashing and not be foul-prone, he'll make a good backup to T-Mac
    Bowen - hustle is good, shot is ugly
    Lue - fast backup PG, probably 3rd string if we find decent PG next year
    Howard - good guy, try to be better as a backup
    Andre Barett - ?????

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

we need a bigger SF. radmanovic would be perfect. we could also use more interior defense from the PF's.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

tim thomas :)

4. clove

clove Contributing Member

I agree with most of what you said except for the part about spoon.

I like spoon and think he can give us some quality minutes against smaller qicker teams. Last night against the Tpups, when yao was on the bench, Mutombo wouldn't fit in the flow of the game. Spoon came in an did a good job I feel. He does not force any shots, and is a surprisingly good finisher and rebounder. He plays like CB.

5. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

Radi is the biggest GIRL in the league
    :eek:
    Do you guys actually follow and watch other teams in the league, or do you just grab names that you hear utter on sportcenter (when a player finally has a decent night)

that guys is always tweeking an ankle or disappearing from a game when his 3 pointer is not falling... we already have that kind of player and his name is Juwan Howard ! ;)

6. Toast

Toast Member

We need someone with a quick first step. On our current roster, there's TMac, but then the 2nd quickest is Tyronn "WNBA" Lue, and third is, GASP, Boki Nachbar.

We are NOT a quick team, and that's gonna hurt.