1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, eliminating constitutional right to abortion

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Reeko, Jun 24, 2022.

1. TheresTheDagger

If they do so in support of the majority of their constituents, it would be the proper course of action. If not, it would be improper.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Fetterman is the kind of dude who would get up to a debate podium and call Trump a fat orange dumbass to his face and actively campaign against Joe Manchin in his own state for voting against universal Healthcare.

3. TheresTheDagger

4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

here come the party apologists up in arms

Democrats got more energy to fight Bernie Sanders than they do MAGA

I wonder how many more rights MAGA will try and strip away as Biden plays footsies with Mitch McConnell thinking these Republicans can be reasoned with

Xopher and subtomic like this.
  6. Major

Major Member

This works perfectly for Republicans. Rich people will still get their abortions. Poor people will have many more babies. Then in 5-10 years, the GOP can rant about and demonize welfare queens again.

AkeemTheDreem86, Xopher and Surfguy like this.
  7. Major

Major Member

Probably less than if Sanders or Warren lost to Trump and gave the GOP another 4 years in charge of everything.

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. VanityHalfBlack

It's all good, I'll fight these kids. Your tik tok and social influences don't scare me. Should've been aborted.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Where’s the young, charismatic, likable Democrat who’s ready and willing to fight that can carry the party for years to come?

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Perhaps I missed your reply, but why would you like them to get rid of gay marriage?

AleksandarN likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

ok, anyways

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Good point. This will create a larger underclass that will fight their wars, fight each other for lower wages, and increase crime so they can pretend to have the solutions to it all over again. It's quite the self perpetuating machine.

jiggyfly and AkeemTheDreem86 like this.
  13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Roe V Wade was decided in 1973.... 1973.

You are trying to make a case here that it's ACTUALLY Democrats who have swung TO THE EXTREME in order to justify what your party has done to inject fundamentalist extreme views into the court system to impair fundamental freedoms.

So stop freaking trying to justify your extremist views by othersiding everything. Just accept the fact that its actually a you issue, and this is exactly what you want. Joe Biden had nothing to do with stripping away fundamental rights of women. He didn't take away my right to safety by overturning gun protections. He doesn't shill for the gun lobby and the NRA like your heroes do.

Today he called for peace in the clearest terms possible while your guy called for and organized violence with neo nazi groups like Proud Boys on January 6th.

No.. Joe Biden wasn't always liberal....but where he is now matter because it's where the majority of Americans are and have been since 1973.

You my friend are the problem when you vote for fascists like Trump and glorify Supreme Court fanatics who lie in their confirmation hearings and make corrupt decisions on the courts to serve right wing extremist ideologies and corrupt billionaires.

So stop flooding the D&D with your attempts to bothsides this Bullsh$t. This isn't about Joe Biden... it's about your extremist minority ideology that you voted to force on everyone else. You played your part in your own way to do this.

baller4life315 and JayGoogle like this.
  14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

It is kinda funny to hear Major stumping for Fetterman who is the DNC's worst nightmare.

Having "blue no matter who" brain is counter productive to creating more John Fettermans.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So as long as a course of action is in support of the majority it's the proper course of action?

You must realize this gives you an excuse to support any terrible action. Discrimination against black people was also once in support of the majority.

So again, for those saying this is about 'states' rights I hope they keep that same energy when the GOP moves to federally ban it.

16. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Alright...so he's rough around the edges...I get it. At the minimum he just needs to win that Senate seat but I do like the guy.

17. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Kamala's gonna save the day, don't you worry...on the real we're screwed on that front.

AkeemTheDreem86, Astrodome and Reeko like this.
  18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I did not mean any of that as negative/derogatory.

Democrats have been way too hung up on civility and deference to authority/instutitons for far too long.

AkeemTheDreem86 and ElPigto like this.
  19. TheresTheDagger

That's the idea behind a constitutional republic. Sorry to hear you are in disagreement with that.

20. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

There is actually no such thing as "gay" marriage. Those people are just playing at marriage, trying to emulate the straights.