1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, eliminating constitutional right to abortion

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Reeko, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

there is no such "Christian law" that "dictates." You have Catholic orthodoxy, Lutheran theology, broad-based Protestant theology, reform theology, Unitarian philosophy . . .

no need for overly-broad statements like this one

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  2. SuraGotMadHops

[​IMG]

3. SuraGotMadHops

Racist.

4. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Contraception, same sex relationships and marriage.

much like abortion, conservatives have been targeting this stuff for years, but make no mistake they will use this ruling to up their aggressive attacks on these kinds of rights.

The Republican party is an extremist party fueled by bigotry and racism, bolstered by people who often use evangelicalism as an excuse to back the actions that attack minority groups. They want a theocracy and will use every politician, media outlet and election lie they can to get there. The fall of ideals that are supposed to be the foundation of the US, the dissolution of civil rights for minority groups and an authoritarian wannabe leader or two are small prices to pay for them to get there.

5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

[​IMG]

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

If they want to keep pissing on the electric fence, by all means, let them do it.

Roe is going to cause a big backlash at the polls. If they want to throw contraception, sodomy, and gay marriage onto the fire, they may be looking at historic losses not seen in 50+ years.

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If we want the Democrats to fight, then we need to elect fighters. I know the moderates here get their panties in a twist over AOC, the Squad, and similarly outspoken progressives, but I guarantee they will fight harder and more effectively than the milquetoasts the moderates champion.

But regardless of the where the candidate falls between moderate and progressive, we all need to vote Democrat. I don't care how many times they've left their promises to move this country forward unfulfilled, because the alternative is enabling the GOP to move the country violently backwards. There is nothing admirable or logical about refusing to vote because the better of two choices is imperfect or unattractive. It's simply a matter of pragmatism - we either vote for slow improvements or fast digression. I may not like the milquetoast moderates, but I sure as hell am not going to abstain voting for them when the alternatives are Trump, MTG, Cruz and McConnell.

FrontRunner and Reeko like this.
  8. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Sorry you have no empathy for others but dude, no one wants to see photos of your mom.

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Id imagine the people who have jobs with that kind of benefit could afford to do that themselves. That’s not who I’m worried about.

jiggyfly likes this.
  10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Who is ready for GoFundMe abortions™?

No Worries, Andre0087 and JayGoogle like this.
  11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What do you think about Thomas' comments to look into contraception and same sex marriage?

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

People already have to do it for cancer in this country.

FrontRunner and VooDooPope like this.
  13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

America: land of gun care and health control

FrontRunner, baller4life315 and CCorn like this.
  14. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Dealers around the country better be adding that mifepristone to their inventory.

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I dont have a strong opinion either way.

JayGoogle likes this.
  16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Ladies and gentlemen, the one person in America ambivalent about abortion rights.

jiggyfly and Andre0087 like this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough, although does Christianity include all of those sects underneath?

Jesus law dictates?

18. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

While your at it Clarence, go after interracial marriage..........oh wait, that would affect him :rolleyes: who gives a rats ass if 2 men or woman want to marry, its there life..........this is taking us back a hundred years, I hope they do try and ban all that, maybe that's the wake up call this country needs. The far right has gone to far, now its time to stop with the dems pu$$y footing around and start to stand up and fight. I have a feeling they will wait until after the mid terms to try and force any of this as they know a fire storm is brewing

19. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

The Court said there is no right to privacy. If you are pregnant (or suspected to be), you have no right to privacy. Law enforcement or vigilantes will hunt you down and make sure you don't do anything weird. If you happen to suffer from a miscarriage, you better have all your ducks in a row.

20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A woman is raped every two minutes in this country. Imagine how many babies are conceived from rape every year. I just don't see some far right white family raise that child with love, especially if the rapist was black. Nope, they will secretly send their daughter away to a home where the baby is given out for adoption. There's going to be drug babies, affair babies, rape babies, young teen babies, and poor babies filling up every adoption agency around. Foster kids are victims of so much abuse as it is. I just don't see this as a law to be happy about. Men do the crimes, men get them pregnant, and men make the rules. They have nothing to lose. Most rapists get away with their crimes.

leroy, AleksandarN and VooDooPope like this.