1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, eliminating constitutional right to abortion

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Reeko, Jun 24, 2022.

1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

You're here as well, why do you think you're any better?

JumpMan likes this.
  2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

3. Roscoe Arbuckle

I researched this. In California you can abort a baby at full term if the dr and the mother think her mental state would be affected. Which essentially means find the right dr and get an abortion.

As one who has seen premature babies flourish, including myself? It was the left going too far and this is the result.

Oddly enough, the California laws still allow you to abort a 9 month old fetus. That is the truly shameful part we should focus on.

4. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Very rich coming from the party ofsmall govt and a man who's paid for multiple abortions.

5. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

You actually posted a video on government ethics by Mitch. Lmao.

Andre0087 likes this.
  6. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

It will be interesting to see one of these states(including Texas) try and prosecute a woman for murder for having an abortion outside of the state. Oh you know it will happen eventually

TheJuice likes this.
  7. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

He visits sites like stormfront I am guessing. Although I could be wrong if so I will apologize.

8. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

You got the wrong evil person. It’s turtleman he is the one responsible for roe vs wade. Way before trump was originally a Democrat. Nice Cartoon though. Good job. The real evil is this guy

[​IMG]

9. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Lmao.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Sounds like the DOJ has the ability to overrule state prosecutors on cross state crimes and they’ll use that to protect women who get snagged. But a Democrat won’t always run the DOJ.

The Republicans are really the dog who caught the car though. These idiots have no idea what they just did and the mess it’s going to cause. I suspect you’ll have more Republican governors pushing behind the scenes to have Congress create a bill that federally streamlines abortion crimes because their states are going to be either bleeding resources to enforce or getting caught not enforcing and it being a political liability to them on the right.

I mean think about it… we have how many people working for the DEA?? How many people in state law enforcement are going to be needing to be dedicated full time to prosecuting abortion cases?? How costly will those prosecutions be?? Will there need to be an entire new branch of government created that tax payers have to fund??

It’s insanity but it’s what the GOP has set out to do for decades thinking they’d never really have to actually do it till the Ginny Thomas court came into power.

jiggyfly, JayGoogle and TheJuice like this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes, because you have to allow late term abortion unless you are for the mother putting her health at risk to deliver a baby that might(probably) won't live. That's not shameful at all, that's common sense. If you tried to force my wife to have a baby that might not live and might kill her that is pretty sick and twisted to me.

It assumes that a woman's main goal is to deliver babies. That's it. Who cares if she has dreams outside of that? Who cares if she has life goals? Risk your life to deliver that baby!

This is why California and others allow late term abortions.

I've also never heard of someone getting a late term abortion for mental health. Gonna need sources for that, it's either a super super super rare isolated thing and thus doesn't happen or it's just a hypothetical where technically a doctor COULD approve of doing it but good luck finding a doctor that will.

#291 JayGoogle, Jun 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
    TheJuice and AleksandarN like this.
  12. Roscoe Arbuckle

Why do you idiots stand firm on this? I do feel that abortions are a necessariy evil. But third term abortions are evil personified. You are killing a child at that point, you schmuck.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I made it pretty clear why people stand firm on this.

Because most late term abortions...no wait, nearly ALL late term abortions are done because of the health of the mother.

I think it's pretty sick that you think a woman should risk death to not even deliver a living baby. That's sick as ****.

AleksandarN likes this.
  14. Roscoe Arbuckle

I tended to agree until I saw a California broad admit that if a the dr and the woman feel that it's in the best interest of the mother's mental health, they have the right to terminate prior to birth.

That is ****ing sick and you need to research you potato.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Researched it. Can you find any examples of that happening?

16. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

It doesnt matter

its faith based not facts based

No Worries and JayGoogle like this.
  17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This is such a cop out bs diversion talking point. Dude… the Supreme Court just overturned Roe and Texas now has a complete ban at fertilization. We aren’t arguing about late term abortions or some loopholes on mental health that might or might not have happened. That entire argument is moot at this point. Regulation is moot and a diversion tactic you are using.

Republicans could have worked with Dems decades ago to create a bill that codified Roe but at the same time regulated late term abortions but they didn’t because we all know the Christian nationalists who run the party at its core wanted to take country back 150 years to a fundamentalist utopia. Republicans use this talking point all the time about how countries in Europe have higher abortion regulation laws…. Yeah… no sh$t… but why is that???

Maybe it’s because they don’t have nutcase fundamentalists running the party and can actually create reasonable laws instead of going the way of the Taliban with the desire to put in place Christian Sharia law. It’s the extremism from your party that has kept us from having sensible regulation instead of this bullsh$t Christian Sharia Law manifesto. The only way the GOP could weave through this technicality to achieve this goal is via “states rights” but when states like California make up laws that then have some loop holes you then act as though they have no right to govern themselves. So is it states right or is it a full on big govt takeover that you want??? This is the problem that the Republicans created … not Democrats.

#297 dobro1229, Jun 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
  18. Roscoe Arbuckle

No you didn't. That was admitted in a courtroom.

19. Roscoe Arbuckle

Again, as I've said. I have no issue here. I think Abortion is a necessary evil. But when California pushed and pushed, it became deplorable, and that's why you have this now.

Disagree with what California kept pushing? That's on you. Sometimes you don't poke the bear.

20. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Rights that should always have been created by the legislature. This is just correcting a wrong. One could have made your argument about slavery. Was ending that then bad also? Giving women the right to vote? Etc etc

Do you really believe late term abortions are good to allow?

Do you really believe 62 million abortions isn't way too many?

I don't agree with that, but if that is what the people of Louisiana want, what is so wrong with that? States like NY and CA already allow abortion, and I believe CA law allows for late term, which is barbaric by the vast majority of people's standards. So, no your argument doesn't hold. In fact it demonstrates things arecworking correctly. "Any right not specifically granted in the Constitution is for the states and the people to decide". This is how things are supposed to work...puts it in the people's hands. Are you really arguing that implementing democracy is backwards??

TheresTheDagger likes this.