1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Superstar Kevin Martin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Dec 18, 2010.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

really?
    cavs the year before lebron: 17 wins
    1st year - 35 wins (18 win jump) - and he was a freakin' rookie
    2nd year - 42 wins
    3rd year - 50 wins

so he made the team a playoff contender from a bottom feeder in just his rookie year. so it really doesn't matter who you put around him. the cavs become a championship contender b/c lebron matured into a greater and more dominant player. so i think it's accurate to save the cavs roster sans lebron in any year was mostly built with scrubs.

year after lebron: 8 wins. on pace for 22 wins. so they're right back to where they were BEFORE lebron.

no those are a bunch of scrubs.

2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Yes, really. 50 wins is not 60 wins.

3. BeARocketsFan

BeARocketsFan Member

HA! HA! HA! HA!! :grin:

I'm laughing so hard, I can't stop!! :grin:

This is just the funniest post I've read on this thread.

He only scores. Heck, lets' just give back those 22 points a game then.

This is hysterical... :grin:

4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

If I can't just dump you the ball and expect you to get a bucket anytime you want then you aren't a superstar IMO. If Martin were a superstar then we woulnd't struggle so much to close games.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

Since you're laughing so hard how about you explain what is so funny about his post?

I'm laughing at your response of heck lets just give back 22 points a game then because that has nothing to do with what he said.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He hasn't struggled in the last 4 games. He has been closing.....from the line. ;)

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Is Lebron James a superstar then? He gets a bucket only roughly half of the time when the ball is dumped to him.

8. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

You are way too smart to think that Kevin Martin is a superstar.

9. Carl Herrera

Of course he's not, and Lebron James is. But nobody scores every time you dump the ball to him.

10. Codeo

Codeo Member

I do believe the media determines who is a superstar, therefore, Kevin Martin is not a superstar.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Also i think the reason is because we are flying under the radar now. As far as Martin not being a superstar, fine. Neither is Carmelo.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

You can build around a player and still have good teammates on the team. Case in point would be the Rockets this year, it was supposed to be built around Yao since we have a perimeter shooters for spacing and an almost all star PF as a sidekick. Even if Yao never played this team is still pretty good. Now take LBJ off that Cavs team and you have the worst team in the league.

13. BeARocketsFan

BeARocketsFan Member

I laugh at how far some of you will go to simply not appreciate him. It's ridiculous what you guys actually type here. Are you not even Rockets fans?

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I really didn't mean every single time, literally. You can give LeBron the ball to get a decent look at the end of a game. You really can't say that about Martin. If everything breaks down he really isn't the dude who is going to get you a good shot.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It's shameful, really. One of the top scorers in the league and he gets no respect.

16. rockets4llday

rockets4llday Member

I'm going to look for Martin to build up this summer

17. VBG

VBG Member

The team was built around having Lebron around them and Lebron dominating the ball. No Lebron makes the rest of the team crappier than they are because they were put together for the single purpose of supporting Lebron.

I mean, imagine if Dwight left the Magic today. They would be just as bad as the Cavs

18. Carl Herrera

True.

And that's why Lebron gets $20 mil a year and Martin gets a bit more than half that.

The Rockets have been trying to find somebody to pay $20 mil to.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

FIFY.

;)

DD

20. Shaud

Shaud Member

So us saying he isn't a superstar means we don't appreciate him. Rightttttttttttttt