1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Super Tuesday Predictions

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Major, Feb 26, 2020.

1. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Don't bring CoVid 19 close to them.

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That's all the response I need.

Should I respond to your laughable theory that Biden does not want to do any work?

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The dude has been running for President off an on for 25 years. Has one closed office in California. I guess dude. Trump’s nickname for him, “sleepy Joe Biden” is starting to make sense.

Trump and Bernie seem to be more put together energy wise than Biden for their ages.

It’s not laughable. He keeps telling people not vote for him. Is antagonized so easily. I personally think Trump will stomp him.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

And on a side note. I am proud of Biden after running for President for so long he finally won a primary.

fchowd0311 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So none of this in your mind has anything to do with him not having any money?

What does having a closed office have to do with being sleepy?

It's very telling that you would use a Trump slight to denigrate Biden, why can't you just pump up your own candidate?

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Took him 30 years but he finally did it.

Andre0087 likes this.
  7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

My prediction is Sanders does as well as expected in the western states but underperforms predictions in the south as voters submit to the red scare counter-offensive. Biden comes out of Super Tuesday as the leader, though a contested convention is still the likeliest outcome for now.

joshuaao, AleksandarN and fchowd0311 like this.
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

A clutch performance if I've ever seen one -- Hakeem-like IMHO.

9. Major

Major Member

By the end of the today, his lifetime winning percentage in primary states will likely be higher than Bernie's.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Man low blow. Stop being a Biden bro.

AleksandarN and Major like this.
  11. Major

Major Member

This is local Austin news, but I wonder if it's hitting other places the same. Pretty shitty of people not to tell anyone last night that they didn't plan to show up.

https://www.kxan.com/news/your-loca...hortages-creating-long-lines-on-election-day/

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Many poll workers in Travis County chose to stay home on Election Day, creating staffing shortages and technical difficulties. The Travis County Clerk’s office called it a rocky start and said “it seems people were fearful of the coronavirus.”

That led to long lines and even some voters being turned away from polling centers and asked to go vote elsewhere. Many tell us they tried to wait it out, but some say they saw voters give up and leave without voting.

Of 174 total voting centers, 44 (about 25%) had some sort of issue Tuesday morning that prevented them from opening at 7 a.m.

Super Tuesday got off to a rocky start due to multiple no-shows of many election judges and poll workers. To the extent that the Elections Office was given a reason, it seems people were fearful of the Coronavirus. The office began implementing its emergency procedures as soon as it became apparent that the number of no-shows was a problem. The Elections staff and other personnel are filling in as emergency recruits. Most locations are up and running now and we’re continuing to work on resolutions to get everywhere fully staffed.

TRAVIS COUNTY CLERK’S OFFICE

KingCheetah likes this.
  12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I don’t know does it? I believe he has raised around 70 million. And he is not my candidate. I do prefer him over semi senile Biden though. Mummy order of preference was and is. Yang, Gabbard, Sanders, and Warren. I’m done with what the system is trying to shove down Americans throats.

And it’s very telling ? Lol seriously? Who talks like that? Are you in your 70’s like Biden?

I don’t know how much news you get from cable news/tv. But it’s very telling.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

If you think Biden had 70 million it's very telling you don't have a clue and you need get your news from a place other than where you are currently getting it.

You do know that Yang is now a cable news talking head right?

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

And then all the Sanders voters stay home if Biden is the nominee. Or a large portion of the Biden voters stay home if Lula....er, Sanders is the nominee. Scumbag Trump wins again. Suspends Constitution. Donald Trump Jr set to run for President in 2024 (unless he's Nikki Haley's running mate).

Oh, wait.....getting too far ahead.

15. KingCheetah

First concrete news that coronavirus is causing problems with the primaries. I can't blame them though so long as they told their supervisors as far in advance as possible.

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

https://www.opensecrets.org/2020-presidential-race

over 68 million my apologies. It’s very telling again bro. Come on

And yes I’ve seen him on there in a few clips. He’s doesn’t sound like a typical pundit I hope more normal people like him get into politics.

17. JuanValdez

I saw a survey that found 16% of Sanders supporters said they wouldn't support any other Democratic candidate -- which leaves 84% that would or might. And 53% that definitely would. And some of that 16% may, imo, evaporate in the end. It's easy to say that when your guy is in the lead and you're mad that other people are threatening to not support him.

Then there's this study. They found 12% of Sanders primary voters in 2016 ended up voting for Trump. Another 8% voted third party. But from their analysis, it looks like the Sanders-Trump voters were mostly not people who could be counted on to vote Democrat anyway -- the 'burn it down for the nails' crowd that only liked Sanders because they thought he'd stick it to the Man. Some of them are probably still in the Trump camp, and surely some have come back to Sanders II. But from the study findings, this level of defection and cross loyalty is typical -- that's in fact more loyalty than Clinton voters showed Obama in 2008.

Anyway, I think it is a presumptuous narrative. Sanders' support is much broader than the Bernie Bro. Nobody owes the eventual nominee anything -- but the nominee will pick up 80% of them anyway.

18. JuanValdez

I was a little surprised that my polling station didn't seem to have done anything to address coronavirus. No purell bottle, nobody running around with clorox wipes, no signs warning of risk of infection.

19. KingCheetah

Virginia already called for Biden [record scratch]

¥°=✓

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I was not talking total I am talking about before SC.

https://www.opensecrets.org/2020-presidential-race/candidate?id=N00001669

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...hand-than-other-leading-democratic-contenders

Let's just say we got mixed up there.

I like Yang I just don't think he was ready to be president.