1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Super Bowl XLVIII: Seattle Seahawks vs. Denver Broncos

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Jan 19, 2014.

?

Seahawks or Broncos?

Poll closed Feb 1, 2014.
  1. Seahawks

47.9%
  2. Broncos

52.1%
  1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Today I learned haha

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Hm I've always thought he looked more dot-Indian than anything... I think it's the hair and eyes.

3. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

NFL - GAME LINES - Feb 02
    SUPER BOWL XLVIII
    SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 2ND
    @ METLIFE STADIUM - EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ

SEATTLE +2½ o48
    DENVER -2½ u48

4. Sajan

Sajan Member

native indians are in fking india!

there's native americans.

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

6. Major

Major Member

I don't see the issue here. All this does is let more actual fans attend if the corporate people aren't willing to go.

As far as competitive fairness goes, I don't see why having AFC and NFC championship games in places like New York or Green Bay is OK, but the next game has to be in clean weather. No one ever says the results of an NFC title game in snow in Green Bay is unfair or ruins the NFL.

7. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

They should require all cold weather teams to have domes like the Colts. Do people really enjoy sitting in -20 degree cold? They sure have the money.

8. Major

Major Member

Green Bay fans seem to take pride in it. Colts and Saints have an advantage with a certain type of play (speed, precision, etc). Packers have a different kind of advantage (flexibility, ability to adjust to the elements). I don't see a problem there - football has always been an all-weather sport. But even if it IS an issue, there's no reason it would be an issue only for the Super Bowl.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Are they going to lower the prices? Are scalpers going to start giving aaay tickets? I don't think the common actual fan doesn't go simply due to the availability of tickets... its the added expense of hotels (impossible to get) and transportation (plane tickets jam packed, and you have to pay extra for NFL approved transport). Add bad weather to that, and there will be plenty of people passing on the already added hassle of attending a SB.

I don't think bad weather games are "unfair"... its just that the quality of the game usually deteriorates the worse the weather is.

If you're going to have one game in as much of a "controlled" environment as possible, it might as well be the game that decides the overall champion. Have the game be more about the teams themselves, rather than be about the team that happened to withstand the bad weather better (or simply about the weather itself).

Hell, these teams don't even practice outdoors anymore when the weather gets bad... I don't believe there are any true good "cold weather" teams. Maybe just game-plans/team makeups that aren't as effected by weather as others.

10. Major

Major Member

It's pretty simple supply and demand. If corporate people don't want to go, they will post their tickets for sale.

And there will be plenty of others that can go. There are millions of people i the NY area that would love to see a Superbowl and otherwise would never get to do so for the exact reasons you mention. Now, the Superbowl is nearby for the first time ever. There's just no need for the Superbowl to always be in one of about 5 places every year.

You play the whole season in the elements. Why change it up for the one game? Seems like the title game should be as similar to the rest of the season as possible.

But that's their choice. It's not like they forced to do any of those things. Most Superbowls favor dome teams. There's nothing wrong with a Superbowl favoring bad-weather teams.

11. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

LOL for calling a team that was 6-2 on the road average. No cred.

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Simply for business reasons. When you are asking folks to shell out the big bucks associated with a SB you want them to be as comfy as possible. It's moreso about the event than the game. That's also big sponsor day, so why make the freeze?

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Bottom line.

14. Major

Major Member

Sure - that's makes sense for NFL, the business. But why do us regular fans care? Why would *we* want it to always be in a comfy warm environment? If the money-people are OK with it being in NY, why do we have a problem with that?

15. amaru

amaru Member

Never really cared about the Super Bowl before but this year I want the Seahawks to win......just because I know it would eat at the hearts of those who made some truly disgusting statements about Sherman.

16. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

lol you're a Sherman fan? classy dude

17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Some regular fans still like to go to SB week to party even if they don't go to the game. Same with the All-Star Game. Some fans my not want to see a sloppy snow game (potentially). Some fans may like that kind of football though.

I consider myself a regular fan and I would like to go to a SB one day, but I wouldn't go to one where I am freezing outside. If I pay all that $$ I want to be comfortable. The same goes for going to the city to party during the week.

18. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

[​IMG]

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Man, I hope it dumps snow on the Super Bowl. If it's going to be cold. Might as well be a blizzard.

Something like what is going on now would be perfect.

20. Swedish_Rocket

LETS GO BRONCOOOOOOOOS!!!!!!!