1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Super Bowl XLVI - New York Giants vs. New England Patriots

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Jan 22, 2012.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Feb 6, 2012.
  1. New York Giants

47.7%
  2. New England Patriots

52.3%
  1. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

brady still played great, it was the receivers fault that didnt catch the ball (welker and branch especially).
    for me brady is in the top 3 of all time.

and brady is still tied to montana with postseason wins, but I think montana is still the best qb of all time.

2. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

CHRIS COLLINSWORTH SUCKS!!!

3. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Can't wait to hear what Colin Cowterd says about this loss.

4. cardpire

cardpire Member

nah. played decently. they scored 17 points. welker could have caught that ball, brady could have also thrown it a lot better. branch's was a very tough catch, and almost irrelevant to quibble over. brady's int was awful. underthrew wr by 5 yards. 1 huge mistake was 1 too many today.

eli played great.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Hated the Patriots.
    Only beat 1 winning team all year. . .what a soft schedule
    and easy ride to the superbowl

tired of people slobbing those cheaters
    18-0 with the tape .. 0-1 when they couldn't use it
    and have been mediocre since teams are watching them
    and their cheating ways
    [Refs gave them the no call pass interference too]

Rocket River
    yes . . i don't like the p-rat-riots
    The BeliCheats
    big ole * on all their titles. . .

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I hate how QBs get credit when Receivers make miracle catches
    but when they receivers miss them . . it is the receiver's fault.

Some badly thrown balls should not be caught . . but are
    others aren't cause
    either way . .THEY WERE BADLY THROWN!!

Rocket River

7. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I agree with the miracle catch assessment. Some badly thrown balls are thrown just well enough where a receiver should catch them. The Welker pass looked like it was right in his hand so to me, he should have made the catch. The ball was badly thrown so in that instance, there is blame to share.

8. Relentless

Relentless Member

Lol. You bad brah?

[​IMG]

9. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Not what I said at all, geez L2R. I said I thought the Texans were better than both of those teams, not the best team ever. I was not overwhelmed by either of them and thought the game was sloppy from both sides. If that makes me a sad homer so be it, better than being a worthless troll...

10. cardpire

cardpire Member

2 good teams playing well vs. each other may make it appear sloppy. 2 teams maxing out on d, 2 offenses chipping away for every yard they could, is what i saw.

texans basically beat 2 good teams this season, both were at home, and both were 17-10 (pitt, atl). we played a super easy schedule in a cakewalk of a division. fine with me, i'll take what i can get after 10 years, but texans weren't better than either of these teams, and if you are going to play that game, we can say the ravens, pack, saints and 9ers were better than these teams too.

hopefully we sign eli's older brother so we have a real shot at winning it all next year.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Texans still beat more teams with winning records than the Patriots
    Patriots beat the Ravens at home. . . THAT IS IT! [Denver ended the season 8-8]

Texans Beat Steelers, Atl,CinCin, Titans,

Rocket River

12. krouchchocolate

Forgot which down it was, but couldn't he just kneel down at the 1yd line. Then take some more time off the clock and then just go in for the touchdown assuming that he can make the 1 yd rush into the end zone. That way Brady doesn't have time to do some miracle drive.

13. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

This. Suck it Belicheat!

I love watching karma in action. They've been to the playoffs with great records what, 4 out of 5 years now and lost? It's got to be incredibly frustrating.:)

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes because we absolutely sucked when schaub was actually playing last year.

15. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

nom nom nom! A great breakfast this morning on Brady and patriot fan tears.

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Agree. For me it's two factors.

One is time of possession (Giants, big time.) On that last drive, the accumulated wear on the Patriots D really showed. That's a big reason why people talk about winning the time of possession game.

The other though really is the drops. The media is obsessed with Welker, but that was actually a pretty tough catch to make. The super easy catches were on that last drive. The first two throws were perfect and the Pats receivers just choked in a major way.

17. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Guess you were too confident in Brady and the Pats. :grin:

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

too bad, so sad.

Some Texans fans are starting to sound a lot like Yao Ming fans. What if this, what if that.

19. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Actually you're exactly right and Bradshaw really attempted to do that by sitting down, putting the ball on the ground. But he fell into the end zone. He looked like he couldn't stop his momentum enough to get down.If I remember correctly, they either would have gotten a first or it was first, so they effectively could have taken a knee a couple of times and run the clock to almost nothing to set up the field goal. they also showed the replay and the linebacker actually did look like he was about to try to run into AB and push him into the end zone.

1 person likes this.
  20. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Huh? I know I can't change anyone's mind about the impact of the tapes, but the "bust" came before the 2007 season in September, not before the Super Bowl.