1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Super Bowl LV: Kansas City Chiefs vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Feb 7, 2021.

?

Super Bowl LV: Chiefs vs. Bucs

Poll closed Feb 7, 2021.
  1. Chiefs

70.0%
  2. Bucs

30.0%
  1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Woah now lol.

Funny enough the argument I saw on ESPN yesterday was who had the better playoff run. Brady to this SB or Eli in 07.

2. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

No I didn't feel the need to respond to that.

Jared Goff was trash in the Super Bowl against the Patriots. There is nothing to else to say.

You want to argue the Pats defense was better than the Chiefs? Okay?! The Rams scored 3 ****ing points. What the hell is your point? That Patriots defense was not an all time great. Not even close. And they gave up 31 and 28 in the other 2 playoff games that year.

Jared Goff was downright horrible in that Super Bowl. Why the hell are you using him as your hypothetical? It makes absolutely no sense.

Nook likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

#343 J.R., Feb 10, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  4. ferrari77

You're still chirping.
    Who said the Pats defense was an all time great? I said it was way better than the Chiefs defense out there on Sunday. You argued that Goff couldn't do **** against the Pats defense in 2019 as if the Pats defense was just some average defense fielded out without any HOF quality players on there and without a HOF coach leading that defense. FOH. Guess what? The Bucs defense gave up 23 to the mighty Washington Football Team and Taylor f#cking Heinicke. They gave up 20 to the Saints and Brees who could barely throw the ball downfield. They gave up 26 to Green bay. Yet any idiot knows that Bucs defense was still quality and it came together in the Super Bowl. Same for the Pats in 2019. So where does that leave us? Back to your idiotic point that "Oh Goff couldn't do that against the Pats in 2019 so how dare his name be even brought up in this hypothetical". To reiterate just in case you still don't comprehend. Goff couldn't do that against the Pats defense. The KC defense was not the same. I tried to ELI5 just for you so hope that helps.

P.S. Tom Brady was quite bad in that Super Bowl as well. Marginally better than Goff if you want to go that route so let's not do that.
    Can't believe I'm out here defending Jared freaking Goff because you want to nitpick on that. Nevertheless we can keep going or keep it moving. That's on you. My point stands.

5. ferrari77

This looks worth watching

6. STR8Thugg

You’re argument is so moronic I don’t even know where to go from here.

Please continue to tell me how Jared Goff is absolved from blame bc the “Patriots defense in 2018 was better than the Chiefs’ in 2020.” Please continue to tell me how Tom Brady is average and winning the super bowl again really isn’t bc of him at all. Plug in Andy Dalton, we got a Super Bowl Tampa!!!

Yes I’m going to chirp as long as you continue to say stupid **** and think you got the last word.

Literally nothing that you have said makes any sense. Are you going to continue to gloss over: THREE ****ING POINTS?! But it’s okay let’s defend it because pats D > chiefs D?

My point is not that Goff would have been incapable of winning a super bowl behind a great defense like Tampa’s. My point is you are a ****ing idiot if your argument is “well the defense was amazing, any **** QB could have won that game! Brady isn’t even that good!” You could make that stupid argument for literally every super bowl where a defense or offense played well. Look at Jerry Rice!! Any trash QB would win a super bowl with him! What a complete joke.

7. ferrari77

No one is forcing you to go anywhere with it if the point flies over your head. Can't handhold you through a discussion pal.

Please do let me know where and who absolved Jared Goff from any blame? Feel free to pinpoint where that was stated. I'll wait.
    Please do also show where and who stated Tom Brady is average? I'll wait.

I hope you're not this dense in real life as you move goal posts left, right and center. Three points? I'll help you remember. The Pats won that game because Sony Michel had himself a game. Brady did what Brady does when it counts. 4th quarter and he helps them move down the field with clutch passes to Edelman and Gronk and get to the goal like where Michel did his thing. Without that the Pats are on 6 points for the game. But sure, tell me again about three f#cking points. Lol gtoh. Goff also led the Rams down the field after that. And then threw an interception to the player who would become DPOY the following season. His one interception of the game. An amount similar to Bradys. So yes, the point still stands re. the Pats defense in 2019 in comparison to the Chiefs on Sunday. If it doesn't make sense to you then perhaps thats a you problem not me. I can't fix comprehension and intelligence issues. That's on you chief.

Next?

8. ferrari77

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-on-tom-brady-improving-team-now-or-in-future

I get Jimmy G kinda sorta looked promising at times that season for them but c'mon lil Shanny!

As great a story as it was that Brady could be the one to help a Super Bowl host city team finally play in its Super Bowl AND win, it would have been pretty cool to see him go home to San Fran and try to help his favourite childhood team get to another Super Bowl and equal the Patriots six trophies.

9. Buck Turgidson

CBS Adds Highlighted Line On Field Showing Women How Far Away They Should Stay From Tyreek Hill

[​IMG]

courtesy of the onion

ROCKSS and Nook like this.
  10. PhiSlammaJamma

Tom Brady drunk, pretty funny.

ROCKSS likes this.
  11. STR8Thugg

You know what? My bad. I went back to the original post I took issue with, bc this back and forth was annoying me and I wanted to get to the bottom of it. I definitely read the part that is italicized and went into attack mode without reading the rest.

I still disagree with the Dalton take, but sure Goff and/or Stafford could have won that game.

"I subscribe to the belief that Goff, Stafford even Andy Dalton could have won that game the way the Bucs defense was playing and with the Chiefs O-line woes. But none of those players would have got the Bucs to the Super Bowl in the first place and none of those players would have inspired the Bucs players on offense and defense like Brady did this season."

#351 STR8Thugg, Feb 11, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    ROCKSS and Major like this.
  12. ferrari77

'Preciate the mea culpa. It's all good.

My Dalton mention is a weird one especially based on this past season with the Cowboys. Anyway let's get back to regular scheduled programming. The Greatness of TB12.
    Does he really run it back next season? Does he go on till he is 45? 50?
    Why not just retire right now on a high note? Is Gisele forcing him to go back to work and earn his keep? Does he just want to put enough Super Bowl trophies won distance between him and Belichick? Just retire already and let others win!

STR8Thugg likes this.
  13. ferrari77

That Avocada Tequila changes people :D

14. conquistador#11

Holy F! I was aware that the "T-E-A-M" was a hoody thing but not that it dated back to 2001.
    [​IMG]

15. STR8Thugg

He ain’t going anywhere anytime soon. I doubt he’ll leave the game by his own choice. He’s gonna Nolan Ryan it and play till his arm falls off.

raining threes likes this.
  16. raining threes

Just retire and let others win?

I'm guessing you dont like competition much, but really did enjoy getting a participation trophy a lot as a kid.

17. raining threes

STR8Thugg and Nook like this.
  18. raining threes

The competitive fire is what makes the great ones great.

19. ferrari77

O-k. It's not that deep buddy.
    I was just wondering what Brady will do. Just trying to see who steps up and has the next dominant championship run.