1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Suns to celebrate KJ's dunk over Dream....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mattj, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Classic

Classic Member

I got a poster for ya

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Who the Hell is Chucky Brown?

EDIT: My B, forgot that was actually '95. Sentiment stands.

4. Jacinto

Jacinto Member

ugh, i see that fool at the downtown gym in Sacramento (24 hour). I always feel like giving him the Mario Elie Kiss

5. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

That was Kenny Smith fault. His one on one defense sucks and let KJ get into the paint so easy.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

That was a great dunk. Hakeem even went over to KJ after the play and told him, 'Little mon, you got me lilttle mon, that was good lilttle mon, that was a nice dunk....dont bring it again though little mon"

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8kidpegzfFc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We should celebrate the Matt Maloney crossover on Gary Payton.

7. jocar

jocar Member

2 min left in the 4th, Dream was already gassed, he didn't even go to rebound free throws.
    Phoenix is r****ded, I hope we wreck em by 20.

8. Lihao

Lihao Member

it was a great dunk and truly something special, but to celebrate it as if that's a great achievement is stupid.

9. Andrew Wiggins

So would anyone remember this dunk if Hakeem did the same as Ellie and let KJ dunk it without trying to contest it? That to me is worse (especially in the playoffs). Knowing Hakeem, he would still contest the dunk in the regular season. That's why he's humble and doesn't give a **** what anyone thinks. It's basketball and trying to contest will make KJ think twice next time. Letting him walk in and get an easy dunk won't. It must have been nice being Clyde, Ellie and Kenny knowing if your man beats you they have to go through Hakeem every time.

Gotta respect Hakeem for not caring about being on Sport Center in the playoffs. He knew what contesting that dunk would mean and he took his chances. You have to respect him for that. It's the playoffs and you have to try and contest everything. I wish Dwight would protect the rim the same way and let the numbers (leading the league in blocked shots and other defensive stats) without caring about ending up on some stupid highlight reel. At least in the playoffs, but it would be nice if he started after the AS break to be in rhythm and in sync with everyone by the playoffs.

10. Andrew Wiggins

The Rockets should also celebrate this dunk. It shows flashy highlights don't win you anything aka the Suns. 3,830 blocks does. And this is the sacrifice you make to get that record.

1 person likes this.
  11. sergio

sergio Member

Cool dunk. Two points.

12. Andrew Wiggins

Hey troll. Thanks for posting the second angle. You're celebrating Hakeem getting PUSHED in the back and FOULED (as he did on every play in the playoffs). Hakeem could not jump because he was fouled.

Congrats, and thanks for cheapening that dunk even more.

13. Andrew Wiggins

It looks like he tried to push Hakeem into KJ to make him foul while Hakeem planned to stop him right at the rim, but he was pushed out too far and he didn't want to foul.

I'm glad you posted that angle.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I like KJ. He's a good dude.

This may be another video they need to "celebrate" for.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aS25dibHOR0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Made him fall down.... those are the worse ones.

Hakeem stayed on his feet when KJ got him. Great dunk though. Shaq made Hakeem look baaaad a few times. Hurts to watch.

16. lockmat

lockmat Member

Oh gosh everyone here sounds like a whiny brat.

It was a great moment against a great player in their history. What's the harm, let them enjoy it. Even if you thought it was lame, it's a marketing ploy by the team, not necessarily the fans.

Shoot, don't y'all go back and watch Rocket highlights, even of losing or poor seasons when great plays happened? I love going back to watch me some Stevie Franchise dunks.

Get over yourselves and let them have a little fun.

17. drc3906

drc3906 Member

Wow...did you, as a Phoenix Sun's fan, actually create an account on this Rocket's Fan website just to advertise your to be celebration of one dunk? All I can say is "wow" and "sad". Nothing else can be said about that. "Yikes" maybe. I hope our Rockets organization does not pathetically create some sad celebration over any highlight reel in the future. Then I would have to put my foot in my mouth, my tail between my legs, and be embarrassed for our city.

18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I should probably go to the game in phoenix and wear a Kiss of Death shirt at the game

19. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Laaaaammmmmmmeeeee.

20. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

this reminds me of jazz fans bragging about the stockton 3 pointer.. its literally all they have..