1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Suns Rockets trade rumors rumbling again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by VoR, Dec 11, 2022.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Possible

Ayton
    22/23 PnR roll man (30.2 NBA percentile)
    21/22 PnR roll man (71.6 NBA percentile)

shoots some 3's

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

The randomly invented article suggests that neither player would be cheap.

I imagine a FRP for each of them is a decent return?

Plowman likes this.
  3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Now your speaking my language. Put him next to Sengun and Smith now we can play.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Give em the Bucks pick. I like Bridges.

#24 saleem, Dec 11, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2022
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Agreed.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Really depends on the picks .... I don't think two picks in the tail end of the draft is equal compensation. You aren't getting a player like KJ that far down very often.
    You look at the problems we have as it is with playing time and adding two more picks just doesn't make sense unless A) they are very high or B) they are distant future with light protections, 1-4 type stuff.

I wouldn't be adding KJ unless I didn't feel like I could resign him or if it was going to cost significantly more than what they gave Tate. If I had to clear a roster spot, I'd be using Nix or Mathews and if a bigger salary is required you add Boban & his $3.5m.

Dobbizzle and D-rock like this.
  7. #4 IceCreamMan

Would rather have an unprotected Suns FRP pick in 2026 to make up FRP owed to the Thunder (Westbrook Trade) that year. Our young core needs playing time and adding Crowder and other end of bench players from Suns now to try to give them mins to hope and create trade value by trade deadline only holds up the development ie:. Josh Christopher, TyTy, and Gary Bird, lack of playing time due to overplaying Gordon and Nix for half off season and then repeating again same scenario next year with incoming players (Suns) would not be smart.

Y2JT and peleincubus like this.
  8. VoR

VoR Member

Crowder to Bucks.

9. Nook

Nook Member

If the Rockets can get a 2024 #1 for Gordon, they need to do it. He just needs to be moved to clear space. Stone has already screwed up keeping him as long as he has. He should have been moved at the same time as Tucker.

I hear a lot of fans not wanting picks late in the draft going forward. Keep in mind the Rockets owe the Thunder draft picks and some years we have no first rounders. The Rockets are still in the middle of their rebuild. We are seeing flashes from guys like Green and Smith, but we need more talent. Accumulating future draft picks is extremely smart.

10. Garner

Garner Member

….what? Bridges is DPOY contender. This board is relentlessly delusional.

joshuaao, pmac, red5rocket and 3 others like this.
  11. mightybosstone

I was thinking the same thing. Anyone who thinks the Rockets are swapping Gordon, KJ and trash and getting proven young studs like Bridges or Ayton are being naive. If they make that deal, it's likely for draft picks. You're not getting Phoenix's best players for that.

12. mightybosstone

I just don't think Gordon is worth a first anymore. Then again, I don't know what the market for quality veteran scorers is going to look like leading up to the deadline. If he's the best of a mediocre group, maybe some desperate GM bites and throws a protected first their way. If I'm an NBA GM, though, I'm not sure I'd give up a first for him.

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I wasn't at all dismissing the idea of a first round pick for EG.

What I was dismissing is a pick in the tail end of the draft for KMJ (& EG). That's simply not enough value.

Also, having them in the next draft is less than ideal - if you can get them out in the future you do it.

They already have the Milwaukee pick and their own to add two more young players to a situation where there aren't enough minutes to go around and those #1 picks come with guaranteed contracts that eat into cap space not to mention two roster spots ....

Yeah, in a vacuum those picks are great .....

14. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

not sure why do you wanna move Gordon if he’s expiring? And you want to dump kj with him so you can get rid of Gordon? Lol

BHannes2BHonest and Ankara1923 like this.
  15. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

After next draft we will be a team stacked of 9 FRPs in 3 years Do we need any late FRP for KJM? With Tari and KJM SF position is our strongest position years to come.

I am surprised that they didn't include JGreen+Sengun+Jabari+Tari to their bs list. Cheeky people.Ask them Ego-Ayton direct swap. Reciprocity! They will learn how to behave.

16. JW86

JW86 Member

**** the Suns, I don't want them to have ****. CP3 dirty ass showing and the arrogance of Booker and all of them, nah they cannot have EGO, not going to help them win anything.

BigShasta likes this.
  17. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Relax Bill O’Brien. We don’t trade or reject trades based off emotions. If the trade makes your team better, you do it.

joshuaao, Y2JT, cmoak1982 and 2 others like this.
  18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This. I think people still are delusional that EG has the value he had last year. His inability to get to the rim anymore has tanked his value imo, and teams just simply aren’t going to be willing to pay his salary next year and the remainder of this one for a spot up 3 point shooter only. There’s no need to attach assets to him to get him moved. He’s an inevitable waive to join the Sixers or Lakers or whatnot.

If the Rockets are still open to trading KJM now I would bet the asking price is netting at least a top 20 projected 1st rounder. He’s looked that good this year. There’s a good chance the org has gone to him and told him to be patient and they’ll eventually get him on the starting lineup.

19. maj21

maj21 Member

EG, KJ, Boban, Sengun, and the bucks pick for Ayton. Get it done!!!

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Don't we have at least 1 first rounder for the next 6 or so years?