1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Suns rejected trade offer for Dragic

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hooroo, Aug 9, 2014.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

From Slovenian news source quoting Dragic.

Pacers offered a package of Hibbert, Copeland, and cash considerations.

http://www.ekipa24.si/clanek/kosarka/reprezentancna-kosarka/53e48ab0dbdbd/dragic
    Google translate:

2. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Well, yeah. That's a really bad trade for them.

3. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

so what can we possibly give them??

4. da_juice

da_juice Member

It would probably be jones and a combination of picks. Although I think the Suns want more established players though.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

laughable trade offer, especially beyond the puddles.

6. basketballholic

We could give Detroit Terrence and a point guard for Greg Monroe signed-and-traded to PHX for Dragic or Bledsoe. No?

Think about this for a moment. Detroit is asking Monroe to sign for less money than they are paying Josh Smith. Detroit is paying Smith $54 million over 4 years. They're asking Monroe to take $60 million over 5 years. Monroe could sign his qualifying offer and then sign a max deal next season that would give him over $71 million for the 5 seasons Detroit is asking him to take $60 million. He has no incentive to sign that deal other than to avoid risking an injury this next season. I'm afraid SVG is showing his rookie GM skills here. He should have already moved out Smith for Sac's expirings and given Monroe 4/63.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Dragic would be a GREAT addition to the Pacers but it's a year too late to make them a contender.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

IMO, a deal with Hibbert is a negative for a franchise in Phoenix's position. Rockets can offer players and assets + maintained flexibility. I think other teams can offer more than the Rockets though. But how many are in position to get Dragic then pay him next year? PG isn't a position of need for many teams.

9. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

Hibbert, was a no show in the playoffs, his trade value is very low. Copeland? lol I'm sorry is just laughable.

We have Tjones,Dmo and a #1 pick to offer. Up and coming talent, and draft pick and they get rid of their cluttered backcourt.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

A college star from the state of Arizona.

11. cdastros

cdastros Member

Clint Capela

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not much but I'm sure folks will spin to you how great Terrence Jones, Donatas Motiejunas, Clint Capela and Nick Johnson are and Phoenix should accept and if they don't they're idiots who are going nowhere!! :grin:

13. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Don't be silly we already let Budinger go to Minnesota a few years ago

1 person likes this.
  14. thedude077

thedude077 Member

That's too much for just one guy. I think the New Orleans pick + Nick Johnson for Dragic should do it. Maybe add up Terrence Jones as well. Suns should take that offer.

15. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

That's crazy, Phoenix would never do that for the reigning most improved player of the year.

16. Asian Sensation

Why would you want to give up your favorite player?

17. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I concur - except Dragic can be effective at more than just PG.

IMHO I think PHO will re-sign Bledsoe (5/$70M) and then target Monroe (4 / $56M). In order to do that, you need space and Dragic's cap # has to go.

Only a few teams are able to absorb Dragic's contract without sending contracts in return.

HOU needs to be afraid of
    DET: take Dragic & send Monroe in S&T
    PHI: not sure what they could offer, but they can absorb Dragic with no problem (PHI appears to be in "Lose Now" mode & Dragic would hurt that)
    ATL: can absorb contract and send back 1st (similar to Houston's best offer)
    ORL: can absorb contract and send back pick (ORL seems set in backcourt with talented young players)

So I would be especially leery of DET & ATL.

That being said, Dragic played well in Houston & apparently likes McHale's system. He could let the other teams know that he will be a one and done and that might scare them off.

18. mig0s

mig0s Member

that would be even worse for the Suns than getting Hibbert and Copeland

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Would Nick Johnson really be enough?

20. Luke_The_Duke

Luke_The_Duke Member

D Morey would not trade James Harden to the State of Arizona for Goran even though I like him a lot. Harden would not want to play in Arizona I Don't think.