1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Suns Lose to Hawks. Polish the MVP Trophy for Nash

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by A_3PO, Feb 9, 2007.

1. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

Just like last year when they made the WCF without Amare.

Great Point! :confused:

They lost on the second night of a back to back, it happens.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Thank you. Over the last 3 years, the vaunted Suns are 4-12 w.o. their MVP, Mr. Nash.

3. KAS13

KAS13 Contributing Member

I said that earlier. So I don't see what your point is. Amare and Nash were there last night, we were talking about Marion as well. They need all 3 is the point that I'm making and I guess you're not comprehending. Nash didn't get his MVP's until he got to the Suns, period. He's been a star player only with other star players on his team. In Dallas and now Phoenix. You know that I'm a fan of Nash so I'm not bashing him. I've said numerous times in this thread I think he's the best pg in the NBA and one of it's top 5 players. I don't feel people give the players aroud him enough credit. Saying Nash makes Amare and Marion look like MVP's candidates when they would only be good players without him is incorrect in my opinion. Does he make them better, of course. Do they make him look better (two MVP's) most definitely. Think we are having this conversation if you drop him on Philly.

They lost to the Sixers. If you watched the game you would know that while on the surface it appears nash played a really good game he didn't. He was hesitant and over dribbled the ball (a la Steve Francis) b/c they were taking away the pick and roll. It resulted in bad shots with the shot clock running down. If the had Marion they win. You could see that a crap team like the Sixers firgured out how to take away the pick and roll with only 2 of the big 3 playing. Nash got his and Amare was fine but it took away the free flowing offense that makes the Suns elite. That's why they need all 3. It's not that they lost to the Sixers , it's why they lost to the Sixers. You didn't even see the game to comment on it.

4. KAS13

They need him, just like they need Marion and Amare. Nobody is arguing that.

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't want to belabor things, but the Suns were very successful during the regular season last year and went to the WCFs without Amare. IMO, they would have made (and maybe won) the NBA Finals if Kurt Thomas had been available to soak up some minutes.

Amare and Marion would have good stats without Nash, but Nash is the Suns heart and soul. Before Nash, the Suns were OK. With him, they are great. Without Amare, the Suns went to the WCFs. Do you understand the point now? Nash > Amare and Nash > Marion.

Of course the Suns need all three to be their best. That is not even a point of discussion. And just ignore the people who say Amare and Marion are average players without Nash. You are spitting into a headwind replying to them.

7. KAS13

You have missed my point I think. I have said all along Nash is the best pg in the game and one of the leagues top five players. Consequently, I think it's obvious that I believe Nash>Amare and Nash>Marion. However, that is far from the point. He's a two time league MVP , and Amare and Marion aren't in the top 10 (in my opinion) and that's why I don't understand why a few keep telling me that. I know, I posted it, I agree.

I agree with your last paragraph as well. So it appears we agree on everything except I don't think Phoenix beats Dallas with Thomas and definitely doesn't win it all. No defense against Wade and no interior defense against Shaq equals a beatdown.

8. JimRaynor55

JimRaynor55 Member

This was the best you could do? Making up some crap about me not having a good grasp of English and then saying that it "really is that simple" that my ideas are lousy, with no explanation why? :D

I don't need a "clever" reply to a post that is so obviously lacking in substance. Your behavior has revealed you to be a spammer who's low on actual logic, and I have my suspicions that you're a Suns FANBOY who got all worked up when I didn't shower the team with the best praise words. Seeing as how you have NO argument and have stooped to desperation insults without any substance, this conversation is over.