1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Suns in trade talks for Rudy Gay

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

what is grizz fan?

[​IMG]

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

That slow turtle is what made them contenders. Rudy is no good fit wherever he goes. Expect grizzlies to be good again when Rudy is gone.

3. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

The problem is that they held onto Gay for too long and now he’s playing his worst basketball ever.

Back when they could have traded him for CLE’s #4 pick, they could have taken Klay Thompson or Kawhi Leonard and be in a much better position than they are right now.

At this point those players are a lot more valuable than Gay and they're having to settle for a guy like Dudley...

Ownership should probably suck up having to pay the tax and not sell low if they care about what's best for the team.

4. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The Grizz looked better when Battier started for them in place of the injured Gay. That basically cements how mediocre Gay is. The guy just takes shots out of much more deserving players hands.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't see how it would make sense for Phoenix to send 1st round picks to Memphis for Gay. Shouldn't Memphis be sending picks as a thank you for taking an albatross contract away from them? Why would Memphis want picks anyway? Shouldn't they grab a couple of veterans who can try to win with Randolph? Trading Gay for picks -- besides being impossible -- seems like a preamble to blowing up the team.

6. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Finally some trade rumors.

7. Classic

Classic Member

wait...isn't Hollinger in the Griz's FO now?

8. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Let's hope this trade goes through. It keeps a WC team mediocre and it's one less team to compete with for free agents. My gut tells me with them out of the FA hunt in the off-season the Rockets will get a good deal on a border-line star. No one wants to play in New Orleans, Atlanta, Charlotte, Cleveland, Detroit, Milwaukee, or Utah.

Dallas is the only threat, but who wants to play with a 40 year old Dirk?

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA:

9. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Uh, who the **** are they?

10. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

THE BEST AVERAGE TEAM EVER!

1 person likes this.
  11. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Interesting. This is beginning to make me question the all-star label in the NBA. I think it's about flashy play/dunks just as much as it's about on-court production. Putting a cape on and superman dunking a ball makes you an all-star. Going insane in NY and having countries support you because of your race, that's what makes an all-star.

I think Dwight just dominated in the Leastern conference during a weak era of big men. He is not a great player and playing in the west exposed Howard's abilities which is why he is so fixated on playing in Brooklyn. Centers in the west are bigger and more talented. Dwight only gets buckets because of his size and strength. If he can't overpower his match up their goes his offensive game and him dominating the boards.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

It's already a win if they're just giving up Beasley for him.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The question then: Is Dragic about to show the world he's on Westbrook's level?

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Fixed.

15. Raven

Raven Member

I feel pity for Phoenix fans. Their team is committed to mediocrity, apparently forever. In what universe does it make sense for a rebuilding team to trade for Rudy "overpaid" Gay?

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Yeah, you really are. Robert Sarver (their owner) is not gay. Their CEO and President, Rick Welts, is gay. NTTAWWT.

1 person likes this.
  17. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

You go girl! I wouldn't want my joke to be inaccurate.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

They've turned their franchise aound before with just 1 lottery year.

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Indeed. You play to win the game.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

SUNS are a JOKE
    Mistake after mistake