1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Suns getting ready to blow it up!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Nolocke, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

According to The Oklahoman which is the OKC's biggest newspaper there are reports that the Suns will give the Thunder their lottery #14 pick for their 25th pick and then the Suns will get the Thunders pick next season. This could be a sign that the Suns are going to rebuild and throw in the towel next season for a top pick in the draft. Here's the link: http://blog.newsok.com/nbainokc/2009/06/24/another-lottery-pick/

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am praying for JRich.

Amare or Nash would be nice too!

3. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

I have a feeling Morey is circling like a vulture. :)

4. worzel gummidge

bottomline is the suns are trading down to save money for this upcoming season. nash won't be happy.

5. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I dunno, kinda sound flaky. If there one think Phoenix has no idea how to handle in recent years, it's draft picks. I don't know if this move would signal rebuilding, as it's bit normal for them, but one of my best friends and former college roommate is a sportswriter for the Oklahoman and covers the Thunder from time to time. I'm going to see what he knows about this. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to actually contribute some inside info to the board for once.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks,that would be nice.

7. BlakeBroussard

Without getting too into it and writing 3 paragraphs explaining the reasons... isn't it maybe time for the Suns to, at least somewhat, "blow it up" and start planning for a return to the top tier in 2-3 years?

Because we all know this is not the same title contender that Steve Nash won 2 MVP awards with a few years back, and unless they do some serious reaccessing (even if they don't rebuild, per say) they aren't getting back to that level any time soon...

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes,they should try and get younger players for Nash, Shaq if possible,and probably for the unhappy Amare as well.

9. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Lets go Morey, Get Nash, Richardson or Barbosa. Kerr might give them for free. ( Basically for scrubs and picks in the future )

10. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

The Suns are likely looking to blow it up, but this news isn't necessarily foreshadowing anything. Dumping draft picks is standard protocol in Phoenix.

11. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I think the Suns are getting ready to rebuild, but this isn't the surefire sign of it.

The Suns may be banking that the Thunder will have a pick higher than 14 next year in what they may view as a stronger draft. Couple that with getting #25 in this draft and it would be a pretty solid move.

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The suns have been an excellent drafting team they are just to cheap to keep them.

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

They've sold their 1st rounders in the past. This move is just another cost cutting move. Nothing to see here.

14. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

The real key here is that it was reported by the JOKElahoman.......one of the worst newspapers ever. That being said, i'd be surprised if the Thunder didnt make a move....

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

By the thread title I expected this to be a thread about Nash,Amare,Richardson, or Shaq getting dealt.

16. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

The contract scale is also cheaper in that range. Maybe they are targeting a player that is going to be available at the end of the first round anyway.

I do think some crazy moves may happend tomorrow, but if we put them in order of probablity, the Suns moving Nash or Amare is not near the top. They are going to exhaust their options moving Shaq first and then move from there. Maybe even waiting till the trade deadline to really blow the team up.

I can't believe I'm actually excited about a draft in which we have no picks.

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

it's been known for a while that the suns owner has come into serious financial trouble and needs to cut payroll.

however, the suns are trying to get their own pick back from the thunder. they traded a future first to the thunder with kurt thomas a few years ago. it's unprotected next season and since the suns are facing a rebuilding year, they'd like to have it back. they offered the 14th for the 28th and their own pick in 2010.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

would you call it a, "Fire Sale"?

Kind of ironic isn't it?

19. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

idk if they are ready to blow up, to me this a smart trade for the suns because like many has said this draft is rather weak, and the thunder are no way in hell going to get better so they might end up with a top ten pick which its going ot belong to the suns.

20. motionsiknes

motionsiknes Member

Haha. Steve Kerr is one of the biggest mistakes in Phoenix.