1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Suns Beat Mavs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by apostolic3, Mar 5, 2006.

1. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Combined with the Spurs loss, the Mavs have to be feeling a little less confident about their chances in the West. They were smoked in the 4th quarter, especially because their offense just completely broke down. I know they missed Josh Howard but this game showed me they haven't made it over the hump.

Steve Nash is the MVP for the 2nd year in a row. The 4th quarter of this game showed why. A lot of players deserve consideration but Nash should be the clear front-runner right now. The way he elevates other players is just beautiful to watch. Nobody is even close to him in that regard. He also has no ego on the court; it's purely about getting the job done. I'm not a Suns fan but I would love to see Nash win a championship.

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Crazy how good they were shooting too.

They were shooting 63% in the first half.

And then in the 3rd when I stopped watching they hit 9 of 11 shots. And yet they still lost at home! :eek: :D

3. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Anyone who can make Tim Thomas a productive basketball player automatically wins the MVP.

4. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

boris diaw is an amazingly effective and efficient player. triple double with zero turnovers if im not mistaken.

nash took dirk to the basket a couple of times. it was ridiculous.

5. Tree-Mac

Tree-Mac Contributing Member

nash makes me wonder if amare really was a good player.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

AMARE - NASH = STROMILE SWIFT

7. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Not quite. But Amare went to the next level when Nash joined the Suns.

8. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

the same way kidd made k mart look much better than he really is.. amare is good.. but not THAT good... still one of the most exciting players to watch

9. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

no doubt nash takes amare's game to the next level. but amare is still A LOT better than stromile because he plays hard every play, keeps his head in the game, and is ALWAYS agressive. without nash, he wouldn't score 25+ points a game but he would still score 20+. he's an excellent player who is still developing his game.

remember amare was ROY as a 19 year old right out of HS scoring 13-14 ppg and grabbing 8 boards. that's more than stro has EVER done in his career. to even compare the two of them is idiotic.

10. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Damn, the league better look out because the Suns are the real deal. I probably fear them more than any team in the league. They've got the Rockets number and matchup against us better than anyone else.

11. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Are you kidding? :confused:

They can't beat the Pistons or Spurs in a seven game series and I seriously doubt they could beat the Heat either.

12. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

ummm:

Nov 10 DET L 104-111
    Nov 19 @ SAS L 91-97
    Jan 6 MIA W 111-93
    Jan 7 SAS W 91-86
    Jan 26 @ MIA W 107-98

all without AMARE!!!

i'm pretty sure they have miami beat...san antonio would be tough, but i think it would be a toss-up in the 7th game. Detroit has the edge, but anything can happen. They only lost by 7...again, without Amare.

13. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

I think the suns will win the western conference this year, easily.

14. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

The Suns have the Mavs' number.

If Amare comes back and plays half as good as he did in last season's playoffs, the Suns should hope the Mavs beat the Spurs in the 2nd round because that will be the easiest way for them to get to the Finals and have a real shot at winning at all.

As I see it, the only thing standing between the Suns (with Amare, assuming he returns as scheduled) and a finals appearance is the Spurs with a healthy Duncan...Tim hasn't been playing well lately, he's either resting for the playoffs and pacing himself or he is hobbled by injuries (he's been a bit fragile the past couple of seasons, injuries are becoming frequent for him now).

15. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

All I'm saying is that Phoenix is a legit championship threat. They can definitely hang with the Pistons and Spurs. In fact if Duncan isn't healthy, then I'd favor the Suns. And Miami has no shot of beating them. The suns would rip miami's defense to shreds. At this point in his career, Shaq is a liability on defense, especially against a high-octane, perimeter shooting team like Phoenix.

The Pistons are still the favorites, but they better get their game off cruise control like they've been doing lately. If they don't get back to their dominant defensive ways, the Suns could run past them also.

16. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

They are a fun team to watch. Having a few of their players on your fantasy squad makes it even more fun.

Come playoff time, if the Rox are out of the mix, then Im all for the Suns.

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

As long as we don't play them in the playoffs. Man, that would be a SLAUGHTER! They pwn us.

18. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Man I am surprised that so many people think that the suns can win a championship. People seem to forget that the Suns arent the only team that has had Steve Nash running it just like this. Yall already forgot about the Mavs a few years ago?

Bottom line is that a team that does not play any defense will not win a championship against defensive teams. Yes its redundant but defense wins championships. Suns are just a regular season team. Also, I think we can beat them in the playoffs if we have the old t-mac back by then.

19. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

I'm also a Suns fan if the Rockets don't make the playoffs....

20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i think steve nash is amazing and is more deserving of mvp this year then last but i'm not as big of a fan of watching the suns play as everyone else. i don't like the new rules at all but credit them for building that team to complete take advantage of it.

as for amare, he's a very very good player but i'll say this:

yao ming > amare without nash... by a good margin too.