1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sun Sentinel] Source confirms Miami Heat working with Eddy Curry

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jsmee2000, Jun 27, 2011.

1. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Generally speaking, I agree with what you're saying. It makes the most sense. I just get the vibe these Miami guys are going to have some major pull sooner or later. I mean, seeing them come within two games of getting ring with the crap roster they have outside of the big three is hard to ignore.

If you're a Dalembert type or even Kwame, I'm interested in playing the five in Miami. Kwame can play when he wants to and something like winning a ring manning the five in Miami could do wonders for his reputation.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I can see Kwame going there unless he gets a much better offer. I don't know what the market would be for a guy like him. No team (besides maybe Miami) will be under the illusion he can make them better.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I just saw the other thread where the Knicks may be after him. All they have to do is overpay him a lot for one season and the Heat are out of the equation.

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Despite his draft position, kwame is a top post defender and good rebounder. He has poor hands still, but he's a great post defender. He's more of a need for ny than miami. Curry otoh, I don't know what he got. I know when he was playing, he was a really good post player and poor rebounder. Miami needs a post player more than a hustle/energy guy. They have anthony for that.

5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Agreed, leeb. I just happen to believe a better and more capable version of Anthony (like Kwame) could be as beneficial as another post player for the Heat. Maybe that's just me, though. Either way, major props to Charles Oakley for the work he's done with Kwame. Dude seems to 'get it' at least a little now.

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

You sure are persistent with this.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he sure did watch chuck "triple double" hayes last season

8. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Name one of Hayes offensive moves or.

I never said he was better than Hayes or should start over them, I think alot of posters took what I said out of context.

This is what I said

9. vlaurelio

are you saying you sure if rockets have curry next season that he will be starting over hayes at center position?

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Arguably, and also said if we didn't have Hayes in another post. I specifically pointed out Thabeet and Motiejunas.

Don't twist my words, sweetie. The only thing I said about Curry having over Hayes was offense and size advantage. I did not say he was better defender, player, teammate, had more intangibles,

I think I was clear when I said that.

11. vlaurelio

size its pretty obvious you didn't even have to point that out.. but on offense its a toss up.. lets see who actually plays in the future and what they produce offensively..

12. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Ignoring the fact that Chuck can pass and actually knows what he's doing on offense unlike Black Hole Curry, isn't the argument a bit ridiculous? I mean, I could use it to argue that Hakeem today would be starting on the Rockets, as he's forgotten more about offense than Chuck will ever learn and is bigger than Hayes. Heck, Hakeem's probably in better shape than Curry and would definitely provide more intangibles.

I would rather play Hill or Thabeet over that useless ******. Easily. You have to look at the total package, and there's no way Curry would beat Hayes in that regard. Period.

13. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Nevermind what I said in the last thread.

I basically that in my last response
    . . .The only thing I said about Curry having over Hayes was offense and size advantage. I did not say he was better defender, player, teammate, had more intangibles.

I never said Curry was a better option than Hayes, my main point has been that we are almost (if not more) in dire straits as Miami when it comes to a starting center.

14. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

The Heat need Bosh to step up and become a willing defender, that way they do not have Haslem out there in the 4th quarter. They can start putting Anthony in the game in the 4th as soon as they get rid of their PF problem.

Haslem can spot up and shoot, which is what Bosh does in the 4th quarter, and Haslem is the more willing and capable defender. If anything the Heat should trade Bosh for a legit center, not sign Eddy Curry.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Chris Bosh was a very very good defender last year. His pick and roll defense I thought was extremely good. Joel Anthony didn't start to get a lot of playing time till later in the year, and the Heat were always a great defensive team from start to finish.

What Chris Bosh needs to do is become a more dominant rebounder. One of the Heat's glaring weaknesses was rebounding, and Bosh didn't average 11-12 boards. He needed to be elite on the boards, and he was just very good.

Anthony didn't play much b/c of his size; he was on the court a lot vs the Celtics b/c that team was a poor rebounding team also. The reason he played a lot was b/c of his shotblocking and defense, but his size was just absolutely a glaring weakness for the Heat. The bulls destroyed the Heat on the boards whenever Anthony was on the court, b/c he couldn't box out to save his life.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

17. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

You're being kind - he was #13 among starting PFs in rebounding (8.3rpg)...maybe "okay" or "slightly above average" would be more accurate.

To be fair, he was playing with two elite rebounding wings. But throughout his career, he's never been considered to be very aggressive crashing the glass.