1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sun Sentinel] Source confirms Miami Heat working with Eddy Curry

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jsmee2000, Jun 27, 2011.

1. spysta

spysta Member

See........

Eddy Curry is 28 years old unless he is a complete piece of human waste he should be able to lose the freaking weight and contend for a championship, but then again he hasn't shown anything up to this point.

2. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Seriously, You guys are doubting the offensive talent of Mr Triple Double aka Chuck Hayes?

3. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

I asked a few celebrities what they thought of Mr. Curry, and they gave me permission to use their responses via youtube:

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KgexABogDsY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4J3zfdyJsc4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dZqo4OZ0Pqs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

being a contrarian, i truly believe eddie curry is hungry for a championchip

[​IMG]

5. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

He needs to show he is motivated and that he has changed his lifestyle. I think if he came down to 260 pounds, he might be able to prove his dedication.

6. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

He's out of work, in debt and has got kids to feed. If that doesn't light a fire under you nothing will, he may play his butt off and maybe make that Miami team if he can keep from being injured.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

No. Morey's too smart to waste any time/effort/$/roster spot for Curry.

8. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

center was not their problem, Lebron choking was.

9. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

Having Thabeet and Flynn on the roster says different.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

can the rockets use curry as an asset or is there a reward/potential for developing curry?

for all we know thabeet and flynn can be out before the season begins

if you truly believe Morey should go after curry, then add his name to this list http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=206316

11. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

LOL!!

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah except Thabeet and Flynn can lay off the big mac and not be too obesed to make training camp for the last two seasons.

LOL @ people thinking Curry will suddenly snap back into the 2004 in shape and suddely motivated Curry after being a lazy lard bucket for his entire career. The day Curry becomes useful again is the day Yao Ming becomes durable.

13. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

If you thought this guy was an unmotivated fat sh-t before, wait until South Beach and it's Cuban sandwich get him.

....oh and I'm not using Cuban sandwich as a euphemism for pu$$y. I really do mean Cuban sandwiches.

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Most teams have a scrub big guy whose role is primarily to use their fouls. Curry will be that guy if Miami signs him. He does not fit into what they do offensively or defensively (too fat).

15. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

They must have this guy doing doing cardio with richard simmons sweatin to the oldies.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

They already have a couple of worthless slugs to do that: Big Z and Dexter Pittman.

17. Num1RoXfaN

Num1RoXfaN Member

It's not that they are desperate it's that they have no money to build around their 3 players. So they go super old or super young to be able to afford players. Only 4 player made over a million $'s last year and we know who they are. I honestly think the heat will have to move 1 of the three to make things work. Ad if lebron is smart bosh is the odd man out.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Heat are in salary cap jail the next 3 years and I don't see a way out other than trades. At least a couple of their fans that post here feel otherwise and believe adding a good PG and C in the offseason won't be a big deal. As I see it, they only have 5 guys on their roster worth a dime (6 if you include Joel Anthony) and adding depth is the key to their summer. But how do they add without also subtracting, especially considering whatever new restrictions come with the new CBA?

Riles will figure something out but it won't be easy.

19. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I'm sure they'll be on the phone with the Sam Dalembert types that have been overpaid for years (and don't need a huge payday), trying to convince them to ring chase instead of going after the money.

That's probably Riles' best best -- and it might work.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

See, that's the problem. When you name individual players, I don't see them signing with Miami for less. I doubt very much Dalembert will turn down a boatload of money from another team to play there. There are lots of guys "that have been overpaid for years and don't need a huge payday" but how often do they take a lot less money to win a ring? To washed up players on their last legs, Miami might be the place to go. But to players who have one last chance at a big payday, nah.

But somehow, at a minimum, I think Riles will get a decent PG to rotate with Chalmers.