1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sun Sentinel] Source confirms Miami Heat working with Eddy Curry

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jsmee2000, Jun 27, 2011.

1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I'm not even going there, if you think Chuck Hayes has better offensive skills than anyone in the NBA . . .

a moron is a bit harsh.

But, I would so do you really watch the games.

Chuck Hayes is almost as offensively challenged as Dennis Rodman.

I can attest for Curry, he has had some years he was an above average offensive player, even being near almost 20 ppg.

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

thanks captain obvious

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Their 2, 3, & 4 are all great scorers, which is the only thing Curry ever did well. And only one player can have the ball at a time. Your whole team can go for rebounds. You need your big men to rebound.

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His "skills" are meaningless since he can't get off the bench.

5. vlaurelio

offensively,
    2010 chuck hayes>2010 eddy curry

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I seriously doubt that, Curry at least has some post moves. The big thing about Curry is he's lazy as hell and doesn't play a lick of defense.

But seeing as how content some of you guys are with our current situation with nightly lapup drills and no real threat in the post on defense or offense.

I guess we are in an ideal situation already.

7. conquistador#11

add another five championships...8,9,10,11,12!

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I know the bench would be relieved if he got off the bench.

9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

The Heat would be wise to pursue Chuck Hayes, and fortunately for us the Heat are working out Eddy Curry, so not much for us to worry about.

10. vlaurelio

thinking that having curry instead of hayes won't produce more wins for the rockets <> content with our current roster

11. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Thinking that I actually said that is even worst than me actually saying that.

I said that Curry could basically make into our rotation as a center, because we technically do not have one right now. Chuck Hayes plays center, but he is woefully out position. I never said we should have Curry. I simply implied that our center situation is almost as dire or worse than Miami.

Miami, at least has bodies at center (Dampier, Big Z, and Joel Anthony).

As funny as it sounds would actually have a fair shot at making our roster, especially if Yao is out of action and we lose any players to trade, especially Chuck Hayes. Who is going to play center at that point?

I'm not saying Curry is a better option than Chuck Hayes, but as bad as it sounds he might make this team we've got rookies and players who are just not worth that much to begin with, no centers.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

In order to have post "moves" you have to be able to move.

Seriously, if they are that desperate for a center, we should trade them Thabeet for Mike Miller.

13. jacoby

jacoby Member

Yeah let's trade our only center (no matter how much he sucks) for a spot up shooter who can no longer shoot. It's not like he's under contract 4 more years. Otherwise I'd love to have him sit on the bench behind Morris and Bud.

14. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

But offense is all Curry does (well used to do, no NBA team even wants his fat ass at this point).

He can't grab a rebound to save his life. And is just a horrific defender despite his size. There is a reason no NBA team wants Curry. Those are areas in which Chuck is good at (ESPECIALLY the latter). I'd rather have that starting to be honest.

Chuck also beat out bigger guys (Thabeet, Miller, last year Andersen) to get the starting job and his post defense being the biggest reason as to why he has kept it. And I don't know about zero offensive abilities. He is a good passer, able to position himself well for rebounds, moved within the motion offense well (high IQ guy, knows where he needs to be). Sure he has no scoring abilities (just garbage buckets here and there) but he did his overall job well.

I'd take that over Curry any day of the week and I am sure any and every NBA coach/GM would.

15. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Brad Miller>>>Eddy Curry.

16. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

...but you left out:

needs 18 of the 24 sec shot clock to get across the court
    played 75 MINUTES total in the last two seasons combined.
    has gained about 75 lbs in that same time span
    pathetic rebounder (5 rpg - career, best season 7 rpg in 36 mpg)

...and rest assured, those "offensive skills" have long since dried up with his massive weight gain and loss of conditioning. Even Dream couldn't score once he began to slow down.

I'd rather go all season with Thabeet and Hill at center.

17. parmesh

parmesh Member

Right now, if you needed offense in an NBA game... you would take Curry over Hayes?

Moron is just right.

18. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

If Morey was doing this, everyone would be saying "low risk, high reward Morey signing".

Eddy Curry was one of the best offensive centers in the NBA, when he played, and Pat Riley is no dummy, Eddy Curry is trying to turn his life around, and why not give him a try out.

Reminds me of another Center Pat Riley gave a shot too, and it worked out, Ike something..

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chuck's ball handling ability, his passing ability and his new jumphook have made him a pretty dang nice offensive player.

20. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm thinking the Heat will use Curry for spot minutes only - they'll send him in to eat any opposing players who is on a hot streak.