1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Summer League Stats Week One

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BEXCELANT, Jul 13, 2007.

1. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

[​IMG]

Here are the stats from the Rockets Summer Leagues Week One. Brooks is just tearing it up. Landry seems like he's sort of feeling it out. Harris..wow! Novak despite his poor shooting is still number 3 in scoring. I'd like to see more out of Landry especially his rebounding. Lior Eliyahu is amazing considering the limited minutes he's gotten.

2. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

Flores is too cool for a first name, also too cool to play.

3. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Hahaha John Lucas is averging 0 ppg, I told you all he sucks

John "I was T-Mac in summer league a year ago" Lucas needs to pull his head out of his butt, Kaman is playing for his team even though he is a big player for the clippers, Lucas is a bench warmer yet he's to good for summer league??

If he wants out of Houston, summer league would have been a great oppurtunity to make a name and have us shop him.

As of now he is cut

BTW Harris is sick... shooting 90% and avgering 16ppg

Also Brooks is a great leader and playmaker, those turnovers werent his fault its not like he was dribbling them off his feet like Francis

4. Joemambo

Joemambo Member

Mike HarrisĀ“numbers are insane. FG and FT % over 90%.
    We better keep this guy at all costs.

5. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I just noticed that Harris is also avgering 9 rebounds a game, He plays like a stud on the court and with so much Passion, the guy is athletics.. He reminds me of a smart swift mixed with a smart eddie griffen

6. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I coached Mike Harris during the summer of 2005 Fonde Rec League and the guy was beast. He was the leading scorer in the league and gave pros fits with his back to the basket. He has developed a nice mid range game and can shoot 3's (not consistent).

Great attitude and hardworker for a summer league team. Plus he has hops out of the gym. He is only about 6'5" or 6'6" at best.

7. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I know the site loves Novak (reminds us of air bullard). However, I don't see Novak giving us anything except wide open 3's. His defense is very comparable to Luther (be honest). Doesn't rebound well for a 6'10" pf and can't put the rock on the floor and finish at the rim.

Competition is going to be tough for Novak this year. He is definitely not Peja. Teams also figured Peja out and forced him to his right and he couldn't finish or score going right.

8. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Novak is shooting is atrocious so far. He needs to step it up to stay on the Rockets. At the same time, Landry needs to really step up his rebounding if he wants to beat Harris out.

9. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

You can't really expect that Harris will continue at this pace can you? I think his stats will come down. Nobody can continue to shoot at 90 percent.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I saw him quite a bit at Rice. His senior year he had a recurring calf problem...cramps i think...that took him out of games late and limited his minutes.

Do you know if he still has that problem? If it was just cramps, I assume it is something diet can correct.

11. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

Is Harris considered a PF or a SF. He doesn't have the range to play at SF, and he doesn't have the height for the PF (I know Hayes is great at 6'6, but we dont need 2 of the same player here). Would a good comparison be a Gerald Wallace type of player. Someone who is athletic and strong, likes to hang around the basket. Obviously doesn't have the same shot blocking or dribbling ability that Wallace has, but is probably a better defender.

Brooks
    Head
    Harris
    Bonzi
    Hayes

Can you say small?

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

At Rice, Harris was in no way a SF. He was as pure a PF as it gets. His main game is back to the basket. It's very hard to stop him. He's very clever and athletic. That said, the real issue is not what he is offensively (Bonzi is a back to the basket player too); the main issue is what he is defensively. Can he guard 3s? With certain match-ups, I'm sure he could see backup PT with Battier defending the backup PF, or even TMac defending the backup PF, while Harris guards the SF and takes the PF position on offense.