1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Summer League Squad- Any names that stick out?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hicklander, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Rockets Dynasty

2. Rockets Dynasty

Teams have until July 15th I believe to pick up player option.

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If Hollis price developed any handles during the last few years, he is definitely a keeper.

4. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I don't see the fascination with Darius Washington. John Lucas III looks just as suitable for a backup PG.

However, all this is academic. JVG is never going to play a rookie. Had we drafted LaBron James, he would still have been sitting on the bench.

5. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Luther Head says hello.

6. drpepper

drpepper Member

I'm looking for McCray and Darius Washington to have the best shots of making the team, along with Baxter.

7. walangjo

walangjo Member

one notable ommissions, Malick Badiane. Maybe rockets gave up on him already. but i dont know, if Saer Sene can be the 10th pick, maybe Badiane can also be a project. i dont know. And one more player that i hope rockets could have added is Gerry Mcnamara. He might be unathletic and maybe fat now, but he can at least play some point. But this is summer league anyway, lets try to see if he can hold up even just against JLIII. :D

8. Bassfly

Bassfly Member

wasnt baxter traded to charlotte for bogans? hmm wonder what happened..

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

may and emeka aren't out with an injury.

10. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

On Lampe, I think the summer league is only for players who have played two years or less. (I guess Amare gets a medical exemption?)

On Badiane, I think there is something that says if we play him in the summer league (again), we then have to sign him or give up his rights. Kind of like in MLB a team can only option a player three times.

Besides Badiane just doesn't have the talent to make the bigs.

11. compucomp

compucomp Member

I think anyone who wants to play, and who the team wants to play, can play. Artest played in it last year, and Terrell Owens played too. I don't think there's a two-year requirement, it's just usually that veterans don't see the need to play since their positions are established so they don't need the summer league to prove themselves.

12. WallofYao

WallofYao Member

I definitely like Washington and JL3, but I see us picking up Washington.

13. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

anybody got a scouting report on washington??

14. H-Dub

H-Dub Member

Well obviousley chuckie but i really like darius washington he is the kind of talent we need to hang onto let develop and get into our roster he imo has great potential!

15. H-Dub

H-Dub Member

Umm go to espn.com or nbadraft.net he is compared to a youthful rod strickland and if you look at stricklands #'s they are pretty nice he should be a good backup if not starter for his career at one point espn had him ranked as a potential lottery pick! His stock fell because he plays more like bobby jax than chris paul!

16. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Yeah. He's exactly the kind of guy you sign to a minimum rookie deal and just stick him in the D-league. And hell, all his roster spot does is prevent us from signing an additional 10 day contract guy. Big loss.

17. H-Dub

H-Dub Member

Im slightley suprised that dumby didnt make luther go and play a little bit in the summer league maybe he should have even though luther is pretty seasoned after last year!

18. Diaw

Diaw Member

19. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

He left after his junior season. He was on our summer league team last year.

20. Diaw

Diaw Member

ok thanks ! i just found it on the net, and he made 7/16 3 pointers (11/30 total FG, oops lol) during last summer league ... 6.6pts, 2rbds ... he's bobcats' matt carroll's brother btw ... cant find where he played this season :confused: