1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Summer League games is exciting!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by R-Jay, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I rather have him improve his PG skills than work on his scoring.

2. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

At times during the Utah series, he gave Deron Williams fits......I like Brooks but he really needs to work on his 3 point shot......He was branded a good three point shooter but it seemed that he was too inconsistent to blah from long range......

3. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

So whos going to be our main PG backup next season? Bobby or Aaron???

I'd have thought Bobby, but I'd say they divide the time evenly between Rafer/Steve Franchise/Bobby/Aaron. thats right...SF has gotta start instead of Rafer!!! Come on you know the Franchise is fighting for his career...!!!

lovin' this competition/or fight? at PG for playtime...

4. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

Come on we know SF3 doesnt have a chance at starting PG. At this point of his career he should be looking at becoming super backup PG that be a spark plug off the bench ala B. Jackson.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Dead on comments. For one thing, every single time Brooks is iso'd where he has just his man between him and the basket, he needs to attack and go around the defender every time. I want an 80% conversion rate (basket and/or foul). When you have that kind of quickness, it must be made into a dangerous weapon because AB gets abused on the other end.

6. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

I forgive brooks on his 3pt shooting on his rookie year after it is like longer than the college 3 also he had rookie nerves

7. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

he did show flashes of being a good distibutor especialy the game against chicago wen he got extended minutes

8. 1JumpShot

1JumpShot Member

i think aaron best potiential is like an terrell brandon it also took awhile to come to his own also, (more than 3 years) so dont get disappointed if brooks dont grow to his full potential if ever next or 2 years

9. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

AB with his speed and Rafer with his handle. Both can create separation.
    I'd like to see either Rafer or AB be able to do it in pressure situations when we need a bucket, or possibly when the game is on the line. Both can do it in spots and at times, but admit it neither exudes the confidence necessary to be the legit solid pt guard we need to be champions. We need one of them to get to the point where they strike fear into the opponents and give us confidence that they are the player we want to initiate plays in pressure situations and potentially at the end of games. I can see AB making huge strides this season in that capacity. He's got a certain look in his eye that makes me think he can reach that level, and soon.

10. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

when's the first game, cant wait donte green goes 3-13 or something along those lines.

11. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Rafer-like numbers in the summer league?? I doubt that. But I can't see him shooting lights out either.

I will just be glad to see both of them on the court (and AB too). I wanna see Dorsey take the rim off the backboard a couple times.

12. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

It is all about defense for AB at this point. He has got to step up on the defensive side of the ball. If he can play under control and use his quickness wisely, he can give most point guards problems. I think that is what they want to see out of him.

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

in addition, avery johnson told devin harris that he need sot be a one man fast break.

i'd love aaron to have that mindset. get the bal and out run everyone to the other end. you may end up with a layup, a kick out to an open shooter, or you may just put pressure on the defense.