1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SUMMER LEAGUE 2023 - Vegas 7/7-7/17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, May 9, 2023.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Who cares about tickets - The important thing at summer league, as usual, is the play calling, and how bad it will be.

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

#22 kjayp, May 10, 2023
    Last edited: May 10, 2023
  3. kjayp

duplicate

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

?? You just edited the link to nbaexperiences.com into your post. No? So, yes, I looked for a link in your post and didn’t see one. Not trying to challenge you, dude, just trying to find prices, because I want to go, and hoping they aren’t that silly number at nbaexperiences.com

anyhoot, I saw the nbaexperiences.com website yesterday, and what I’m suggesting is those won’t be the actual prices at the venue. Like maybe it’s some type of packaged experience.

check out their About page: https://nbaexperiences.com/about-us

the prices are just far too different than normal from previous years, but maybe it’s a Wemby jump.

5. kjayp

well yeh, bro...
    thats why i say 'i guess other basic GA tix go on sale 5/17... maybe they will be more reasonably priced...' lol

but just the sheer fact that they got the audacity to want 2K for courtside tix is just off the rails...
    and obviously, the more seats that get reserved for 'premium pricing' - makes the average seat all the more crappier...

as aforementioned, in the thread, i used to go sit courtside in a half empty small gym for a $20 ga ticket... now thats 2K... lol

maybe i shoulda gone: 'i guess other (basic GA) tix go on sale 5/17... maybe they will be more reasonably priced...' woulda lessened confusion...

#25 kjayp, May 10, 2023
    Last edited: May 10, 2023
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tickets are usually pretty easy to get
    The only time it was almost at capacity was 2017 when Lonzo went to the lakers . They just had lots of lakers fans drive in from Los Angeles.
    You can just go to the box office and get tickets during the day.

harold bingo likes this.
  7. kjayp

so basic ga tix were sposed to go on sale 5/17... says 'currently unavailable' and to check back... prices are still tba - with exception of the 'experiences' - lol!

what a sh*t show... like 6 wks away and cant even orchestrate the onsale date for ticket sales - lol! smdh...

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

just got my tickets ($62 per day). I’ll be at the game the 9th and of course the Wemby game on the 11th. Where the clutch fans happy hour at? ;)

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

I remember going to Long Beach Summer League to watch the young Rockets back in the 2000s; about $10 a day for all the games you could watch, and since only a few hundred people were there you always got decent seats.

kjayp and Dr of Dunk like this.
  10. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Happy Hour in Vegas is nothing like Happy Hour in Houston. Wherever it is, bring your credit cards....

REEKO_HTOWN, Aruba77 and topfive like this.
  11. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

12. PeppermintCandy

Sounds like Chet Holmgren may be playing in the summer league, as well. The OKC game should be fun.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. conquistador#11

I blame Kings fans. Coming out of Summer League games singing, being all happy and claiming a future playoff appearance.

14. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Really Salman?
    THAT'S what you take from the schedule?
    (Hint, hint) July 9th - Pistons (5pm)

How about the FIRST pro game between the Thompson twins!
    Amen vs Ausar!!! Sheesh!
    Great schedule at any rate.
    Looking forward to all of them!

Amen vs Scoot!
    Amen vs Ausar!
    Jabroni vs Chet!
    Cam vs Podz!

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The whole NBA passed him up. The ones without picks could have traded/bought picks

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'm worried he might get hurt.

17. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

FTR Wemby isn’t playing in Vegas. Unless something changed. Thought he was joining them in Sac. Tix for Cali summer league are only $39.

18. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Load Management starting early with Wemby I see!!

19. kjayp

fwiw...

i used to go 2 or 3 days to the event and hang out all day... nowadays with the zoo its become - and my increasing crotchitiness regarding crowds as i get older... I try to pick out my best day to go see the team live and in person - while trying to mitigate my annoyance... lol.

so with that in mind...

with the Rox scedule being
    Fri July 7th - Trail Blazers (6pm)
    Sun July 9th - Pistons (5pm)
    Tues July 11th - Thunder (5:30pm)
    Thurs July 13th - Warriors (6pm)

all their games are in the larger Thomas & Mack gym... so nothing to consider regarding if they were playing in either or gym...
    all are about the same start time - so no catching them on an early game before the crowds settle in...

Friday and Sunday I would expect will be a zoo...

so i'm thinking 11th or 13th would be the the day to hit...

I'd think the Thunder will have the more impressive roster of young talent - maybe Chet?

so... i'm thinking Tuesday is gonna be the day to hit it up...

I'll pony up my $66.75 for a gen admission ticket - with taxes and fees... knowing full well that the best seating is going to quartered off for those paying $160-$225 + fees for 'reserved' seating... and looks like those courtside seats are $800+.... and I'll remember back to when sitting courtside just meant you spent the the $20 to get in the door. lol

RasaqBoi likes this.
  20. JSwish

JSwish New Member

Longtime rockets fan and clutch fans follower, not so long for having an account. Bringing my 3rd going into 4th grade son to summer league this year for rockets game 1 and 2 (fri/sun). Any recs?