1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SUMMER LEAGUE 2021!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Rockets4Life13

Nah. This is ridiculous ****. Cmon now.

Unless he said exactly what you accused him of (which he didn't) that's a ****ing no story. Cut the BS.

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

come on now. I don’t get your reference tbh.

Idk anything thinner than toothpicks except maybe pins and needles.

Salvy likes this.
  3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

This is Cade singing about Jalen in a few years.

4. Salvy

Salvy Member

Seems like the only person associating monkeys with black people are you...

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I feel 100% the same way. He's a great prospect but I never understood the "Clear #1" people had with him, I worried that once Detroit looked into it more they would see some of the concerns.

I guess I only meant bust as in not exactly meeting expectations. I think even if he's not the 1v1 player he needs to be he could still wind up being a really great player and yeah the 6'6" thing is pretty huge? I'm willing to guess Detroit knew his height since they had a meeting with him though if not...that's on them.

6. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I think Mobley will be good. He really impacted the game in a lot of ways. Allen and Mobley will be fun to watch.

Cade will settle in. Dude should have had several additional assists.

But Green, man. Sensational.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What's sad is you are accusing someone of racism because of a personal grudge over Harden takes because I'm certain you wouldn't be on this crusade if over the years I had takes on Harden more aligned with yours.

That shows how serious you take racism.

clutchdabear, Dobbizzle and hakeem94 like this.
  8. Salvy

Salvy Member

We're arguing over here, getcho basketball talk out of here...

9. Rockets4Life13

I have 0 sources inside the NBA so I'm talking out of my ass but i assume that even if Weaver had preferred Green over Cade he wouldn't have had the balls to pick him over Cade because the backlash would have been insane.

Although this isn't the same thing AT ALL, people would've acted like this is the 2003 NBA draft and he picked Wade over Bron.

I think he had no choice but to pick Cade. Even if he potentially prefered Green over Cade (which again, i don't know)

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

**** you b****, trying to turn this on ME for pointing it out?

I gave chowd benefit of doubt TWICE!

He had the chance to correct the post and explain it instead of challenging me to prove he was prolific in using "monkey" towards a black player.

DeBeards and HP3 like this.
  11. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I believe Green going to the G league helped him alot and the game was not to fast for him. Cade was a step behind, nervous and his shooting was off. Green is going to be a super star....he could scored at least 30 points if we wanted to. Sengun is physical, excellent passer and nice interior scorer...he is going to be star. Christopher is just a STUD, create his own shot and very good on the defense side. Garuba is a very talented player as well, future all defensive player...I hope he can play soon with these guys....he is a different maker on defense. Great job STONE!!!!

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I remember when denver had young guards that were so fast and just kept coming after you for 48 minutes with Beasley, Harris, Morris, and Murray. Harden would get frustrated at those dogfights. I think we have that now with KPJ, Jalen, and JGup (and Tate). Should be a fun watch.

13. Caesar

Caesar Member

Well this thread got dark.

14. Rockets4Life13

Welcome aboard the Green train. I know you would've preferred both Cade and Mobley.

We will be fine, i promise.

15. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

upload_2021-8-8_21-50-34.gif

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Prolific? I made the autocorrect mistake twice dude.

I literally corrected the post as soon as I saw @Astrodome reply to my post.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

For those interested, post-game interviews with audio quality straight from Mars :

This was the halftime interview from the game with Coach Silas :

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, I'd feel so lied to if I were a Detroit fan. I imagined this big tall forward with PG skills and he's really just a big guard all along.

Not that there is anything wrong with his size but yeah...I feel as though I've been misled this entire time learning he's 6'6 and seeing this game it's clear he's 6'6 with all the shots of him standing next to Hayes...

19. Salvy

Salvy Member

Calm down,

Your racism is showing.... You are the only one making a deal out of nothing....

clutchdabear and Drift Monkey like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

I've reported racism on this board before chowd, clutch and even tinman will back me up on that.

I gave you a chance to walk back that post, it was you that tried to make this about me.

Like always, you start something that you absolutely cannot finish.

DeBeards and hakeem94 like this.