1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SUMMER LEAGUE 2021!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, Jul 3, 2021.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

I like him less and less. Green as good as he is made turnover from every play he was making for others lol. And Alpi was the best passer and playmaker on the floor at the center spot every minute he was in. JC is in my Danuel House bracket for now hope he advances to atleast John Wall bball iq

napalm06 and hakeem94 like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

RS matters if you're talking about being top 4. And there's a number of teams on that list that we already know do very well in the reg season. You still have to get to the actual post season first and we already saw its no guarantee for GS

cmoak1982 likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

JC is Weaver's pet project.

To the detriment of any other player it seems.

Weaver should focus on HIS own coaching role with Rockets, DEFENSE.

Drift Monkey, saleem and hakeem94 like this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Gotta love it how he spins everything positively. Its remarkable.

“I love the way that he’s studying. I love the way he’s obsessing and feeling disappointed when it doesn’t go perfect.”

Wouldnt it be great if Weaver would be more like JC?

"He’s handling and creating for others out of necessity."

There wasnt any necessity in the first place Weav, it was JC who created the necessity by taking the ball out of hands of MVP who is more than capable and 10 times better at creating than JC....lololololol

Now go make your team practice shooting forced 3s over hands of multiple defenders because thats the only play in your playbook and sure as hell they gonna need it...

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Jalen Smith making first team is hilarious. Dude was chucking like a pro.

Like, 36% shooting on 16 attempts a game. But at least he also had 0 blocks.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

7 man lineups now

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  9. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

It's funny to see the #1 and #2 pick of the NBA Draft on an All-Summer League Second Team.

saleem and D-rock like this.
  10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Sengun barely into his NBA career and he's already being shunned for wearing the Rockets jersey?

Safe to say I did not watch a second of Summer League for teams that weren't the Rockets.

Even with that, I am honestly fairly certain there were not multiple bigs better than Sengun.

Semi joking.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That has to be a really bad joke.

12. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

LOL. To be rookie of the year you have to have plenty of playing time to show off yourself. On the Nets team I doubt he’ll see any floor time. Even when injury happens to Kyrie or Harden inevitably, they still have Mills. I doubt Nash will play a rookie much anyway.

13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Are you seriously saying this about summer league games?

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

I could give 4 *** about SL games.

I want to see better coaching out of Weaver. The Raps and Magic games were complete garbage from a game plan and in game adjustment perspective.

Wins and loses be damned. But Weaver should be evaluated on how well he preps the players and executes the system amirite?

saleem likes this.
  15. JW86

JW86 Member

LOL weird list but who cares, we know what we have in Sengun. Green on the 2nd team I get given availability.

saleem likes this.
  16. chenjy9

Supporting Member

No, those are Summer League games. There is minimal coaching at best. Also, what system? None of the core players from last season are playing? You cannot properly practice executing a system with personnel that completely don't fit said system. What you are talking about is preseason and early part of the actual season. The ONLY thing anyone should be concerned about during SL is seeing what a player is capable of or MIGHT be capable of. There is no coaching, there is no real system, it's all about seeing what they can potentially bring to the table.

Blatz likes this.
  17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

His preparation finally bore some fruit, as Josh and Usman had solid games. I'm happy that Armoni was given the freedom to shoot lights out. Weaver did a terrible job in Game 3 and 4.

18. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Are you really expecting anyone to be coaching in the SL games? SL games are basically like games at the Y; they are playground games.

Hippieloser likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Then why have the games at all if NOTHING is to be gained????

The SL coaches are usually the HC right hand - so there is the expectation that there will be a game plan and adjustments?

The wins and losses are meaningless, but implementing systems are not.

WEAVER SAID THIS EXACT THING HIMSELF.

Raptors defense looked very much like Nurse's defense for regular season.

Rockets system looked very little like RS system, unless you count the collapses at end of the game.

20. chenjy9

Supporting Member

The purpose of SL games are discovery and experimentation. Weaver can say all he wants, but what our rookies are doing, what most teams are doing completely invalidates it. Raptors might have had enough appropriate personnel to run their defensive schemes. We clearly do not without Wood, Tate, KPJ, Ego, or Theis. Same goes for offense. Instead, we wanted to see what are rookies could do.