1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SUMMER LEAGUE 2021!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, Jul 3, 2021.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Why hasn’t he re-signed? What’s the hold up?

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think he isn't playing in the summer league due to health precautions.

D-rock and ashleyem like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

sounds like they all fear the beard n don't want no piece of wilt harden :D

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

when is the game, tonight?

clos4life likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wilt Harden has been suspiciously often injured the last months.

7. i3artow i3aller

7 Central on NBATV

clos4life, D-rock, ashleyem and 2 others like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

burlesk, clos4life, ashleyem and 3 others like this.
  9. BonziWellsGOAT

Yeah but ultimately it's super cool that we all feel that way. It's better than not giving a **** lol

10. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

We should call him “Happy”

burlesk likes this.
  11. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Tonight's game is more interesting to me than the PIstons game.

I put Barnes over Cade. I'm looking to see Christopher playing defense on him, I wish Garuba would play.

burlesk, clos4life, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  12. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

So they say after 4 games the two teams with the best record play each other ? But what happens if there is more than 2 teams tied for the best record ? Very curious about this !

13. 19bernardo87

19bernardo87 Member

I think point differential is first tie-break.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I’m gonna be at tonight’s game. If there’s a rockets cheering section I intend to find it. Maybe we get a Garuba appearance. Haven’t found a sports book willing to take summer league prop bets, but I’m gonna keep looking ;)

burlesk, clos4life, D-rock and 5 others like this.
  15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Drop a C note on Sengun for rookie of the year - if he's as impactful next year he'll have a great shot at the award and the odds are too good to pass up (+1600)!

burlesk, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  16. Denovo

Denovo Member

Another test for Green against Scottie Barnes.

Another good game against tough defense and the Kool-Aid might have Tequila in it.

D-rock, TriumVirate and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

It would take a lot more than two highly protected #1's that may never convey.

John Wall had a NEGATIVE W/S last year..... he has 3 years left on his deal for a total of $132,000,000 and he has a 15% trade kicker, which he has in the past said he would not waive.....

So basically any team that takes Wall is going to pay him $150,000,000 over the next three years and isn't going to get much from him on the court.... he is a poor three point shooter, he is a poor two point shooter, he isn't particularly great at passing and has a lot of turnovers..... defensively he is inconsistent.

For a team to take Wall, they likely are not contending until he is off the books AND is sinking 150 million dollars.... the cost to move that contract for the Rockets will be enormous. The Rockets will likely hold onto him and hope that something shakes loose or Wall agrees to take a good 20-30 million less for a buyout. The reality is that he is likely a Rocket for at least the next two seasons, short of a buyout... and by the third year the Rockets may just eat his salary as a loss.

clos4life and D-rock like this.
  18. im_joel

im_joel Member

I don't understand how Sangun can be listed at 6'9" along with Hurt but when he stands next to Hurt her looks 2 inches taller. Also, most of the Rockets Summer League Roster has players listed taller than what they actually are. For example, Green is listed at 6'6" along with Cunningham and even Josh Christopher is listed at 6'5" when I know he was measured at 6'3" at the combine so why is Sangun listed at only 6'9"?

I know it doesn't matter how tall they are listed - I was just trying to make sense of it. There were even some Rocket fans that said Sangun looked like he was about 6'4". Not sure if they were trying to be funny but they seemed serious about it. That would make Sangun the same height as Green. Silliness :)

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Honestly, I am more concerned with him working on his ball handling and passing. He is never going to be too terribly strong with his frame and at his age, he will put on some muscle regardless. I think he needs to work on his core strength for sure, but it doesn't have to be his top priority.

His ability to initiate an offense is the difference between him being an all star and a franchise player.

vator, burlesk, Scarface and 3 others like this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think he'll be called on to do that all that often though. On a team stuck with Wall that already has KPJ, he just needs to maximize his ability to score off-ball and work on his defense to be doing what the team needs from him.

It's true his individual ceiling would be raised if he were to develop the ability to initiate an offense as a primary ball handler, I just don't know how often he'd get the chance to do it at least in the next several years.

vator likes this.