1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Summer League 2009] Game 2 - 7/11/09 - Houston vs. Dallas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by abc2007, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Rocketfanatic2

Ok, thanks for the answer. Excited about the offense he brings, and hopefully Battier or Ariza can help him out on the defense.

2. ABZERO

ABZERO Member

How come Marcus Cousin and Hassan Adams didn't play at all ? Anybody knows?

3. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Off Topic
    Marcus Landry box-score wise looks great .. he might get a space in kings roster i dont mind if we get him .. read a story about him once he has like 3 or 4 kids

Any Highlights other than NBA.com ??

4. Rocketfanatic2

I really like the improvement that Maarty Leunen has shown us during summer league and in his first year in Turkey. Averaging 12.1 points and 6.2 rebounds in his season with Darussafaka C Tires Istanbul is not too shabby for a 22 year old at the time.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6524256.html

Also, he got an offer from a team in the top Italian league. I am very impressed with the development of Leunen and hope he turns out to be a big player for us in future years (Even though he probably won't start). What do yall guys think?

5. lewzhy

lewzhy Member

chase is red-hot

6. Strawman

Strawman Member

I live in Toronto and I can tell you right now because he was with the Raptors last season that Hassan Adams didn't play because he absolutely sucks. He'd be lucky to start for a D-League team.

7. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

you guys are really over valuing these guys. It's Summer League for crying out loud. Whatever these guys are doing here are sure not going to do it when the real games matter. Half of these guys may not even make the team or you wont even see them again. Don't get your hopes up guys.

8. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Calm down. When Summer League basketball is all you have to watch, in terms of basketball, someone shooting 12-36 for 24 points is fun to watch.

The only alternative is the WNBA. I mean, do you really want to watch that? That's what I thought.

9. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Are you talkin about Stephen Curry??? I was watching that boring game didn't know he put up that many shots if you are talking about him.

10. dantonv08

dantonv08 Member

Any way to watch the full game for free if you missed it?

11. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Good game for Chase but Taylor seemed iffy but I guess its because of the injury.

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

My Rockets Summer League POWER RANKINGS:

(after 2 games)

1. Dorsey
    2. Budinger
    3. Luenan
    4. Conroy
    5. Taylor
    6. White
    7. Temple
    8. Newley

thoughts?

13. Egghead

Egghead Member

recap

<script src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/js/1.1/xmp/module.js?vid=/video/games/mavericks/2009/07/11/nba_hou_dal_1520900008_recap.nba" type="text/javascript"></script><noscript>Embedded video from <a href="http://www.nba.com/video">NBA Video</a></noscript>

14. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I would move Temple up and White down...

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

My Rockets Summer League POWER RANKINGS:

(after 3 games)

1. Budinger
    2. Luenan
    3. Conroy
    4. Dorsey
    5. Taylor

There are 2 things the Rockets are looking for in the summer league...

1. Players that can contribute as role players now - Luenan and Budinger shine here, Dorsey a little bit.

2. Players that can develop into key players.....only Budinger has shown that quality so far.

Budinger moves without the ball and makes EXCELLENT decisions with it, he really does look like a Brent Barry clone.....it is staggering, I guarantee he will make the roster, Adelman needs guys who move without the ball and area willing passers and can score...Budinger is the only one I see guaranteed from the summer league to make the roster this year.

DD