1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Summer getaways around Houston? (water preferred)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Bojangles, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

So it's balls hot, and I want to go swimming. The neighborhood pool will not do anymore being 24, lol. The YMCA... yes, but I don't want to be doing laps with 80 year olds all day.

I've been doing some research on Lake Conroe, Houston, Livingston, and Somerville.

I just want something like a weekend getaway or a few days at a place with water and maybe me and a few friends. Renting a lakehouse/beachhouse or whatever it takes to have somewhere to stay for a few days and enjoy some swimming/whatever else. How much would something like this cost?

What say you Clutchfans? Can you help me out in my quest?

2. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

3. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

No one swims here?

4. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

If you wanna get wet, just step outside sometime this week. It's gonna be raining for the next few days. ;)

You could also try south of Houston like Freeport or Port Aransas in Corpus Christi.

5. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Just came back from a weekend at the guadalupe river...that was pretty fun. Canyon lake up there too.

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

It was only about 60 meters that I had to swim at the place where I had to cross to get here. :eek: Is that what you meant?

7. manbearpig

manbearpig Member

Tubing down the guadalupe in Austin was fun, but it barely takes up an afternoon. Lake Travis is pretty nice too.

Lake Conroe is fun too. Get a speedboat for 8 people it comes out to around 25 per.

These are short options though, take up like half a day. I don't know what to do for a whole weekend. Renting a beach house in Galveston is fun, but the beach sucks. So you wouldn't be in the water too much. I don't know anything else near Houston. You'll have to take a trip to South Padre or something.

8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

lol.

Just when I was about to give up on Swoly. He delivers big time.

9. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

10. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Schlitterbahn FTW.

12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

3rd the Schlitterbahn suggestions