1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Suggestions on a very long Airplane Ride about Contact lenses and Solution

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by us_marine007, May 21, 2008.

1. us_marine007

us_marine007 Member

hey guys, i know that liquid isnt allowed on carry ons, ive traveled before but ive recently gotten contacts... are contact lense solution allowed at least on carry ons or do i have to wear my glasses? my mom adviced me to wear glasses due to the face that i have very long flights... i depart housto and fly to denver... from denver, i fly to vancouver and have a 12 hour stop there, from vancouver, i fly to hong kong... and then from hong kong, i fly to manila,philippines , and from manila, i fly to bacolod city, philippines.... very tiring and hectic flight schedule.. so any advices on contacts? should i or should i not wear em? and about the solution? am i even allowed to bring that liquid throughout all those flights?

2. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

At least in the US you can bring fluids as long as it's under 3 oz. I'd try to bring it and have your glasses with you in case an airline gives you crap along the way.

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I carried contact solution and eye drops on my last flight so I would imagine you will be okay. It was domestic, so I am not sure about international flights.

4. no_answer

no_answer Member

Why worry about it? Wear your glasses so the contact solution is one less thing to worry about. So many connections! Sucks for you.

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I fill up two or three empty cases and bring them along on flights and it never raises any flags. there is travel size lens solution for sale at pharmacies, however. just buy a mini- bottle 3 oz. or under and you're fine.

bring the glasses anyway, it gets dry up there in the oxygen deprived airplane ride

6. us_marine007

us_marine007 Member

thanks fellas! i appreciate the insights

7. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Just have a pair of glasses handy for those long trips/circumstances in which wearing contacts would be less than ideal.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Once right during the deodorant ban I accidentally brought a stick of deodorant in my pocket on board. No one did anything.