1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Suggestion: Tip Jar Counter?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by buckaroo, Oct 31, 2003.

1. buckaroo

buckaroo Contributing Member

I saw where clutch posted as a result of the latest tip jar thread, he received $1400 in donations...

i was thinking maybe if there was tip jar counter/bar graph which has milestones such as "new server" ..etc....this way people can see the benefits of tipping and it may encourage more donations the closer we get to a milestone..not unlike the what they do at telethons...

maybe its just a one time thing to until we get the server upgraded.... you could also list our the top contributers..
    and X dollars gets you a virtual plaque with your name on it in the clutchcity(fans) hall of fame...

just a thought...

BTW great site update...
    come to think of it im due for a donation myself..:)

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

If he made it too public, could the IRS come after him? Perhaps they might consider it 'miscellaneous income'?

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

that was kinda what Jeff hinted at last time this was brought up..

IMO, it is unnecessary for me to see any kind of graphic...the way I see it...the money is always needed to keep this place going...so we should do it as a matter of avoiding emotions not unlike the ones we felt this morning..:(

;)

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The only thing I might add is that in the new face of the front page, the tipjar is not as prominant as in the old. Is there any reason not to keep the big buttons of BBS and Tipjar on the front page?