1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    PACERS vs KNICKS Game 2: Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Subconscious thinking or planned?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mango, Apr 22, 2000.

1. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

There have been threads about categorizing Francis as a certain type of point guard.

Threads concerning past championship teams that the Rockets should try to emulate in style of play based on the core personnel on the roster have also been posted here.

The Pistons of a decade ago might be the closest model to the Rockets current makeup.

Do coaching staffs deliberately try to use sucessful concepts like those mentioned above from the past or is it more on the subconscious level?

Mango

ps I very seldom start threads, but after seeing another Cato thread.........

------------------
    The Serious Police are watching

Donate Blood

2. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Hey! Just give Cato an offseason to improve, and uh- YEAH!

I seriously doubt that coaches base their offense on to some similarities between players of the past and their offensive philosophy. I believe it is just armchair coaches over-analyzing their team and trying to catorigize their new team and players into a nice little recognizable package.

Like me! [​IMG]

OH!

I have a question. Vince started a thread a few minutes after this one about how the Rockets are reminiscent of the Pistons. Subconcious thinking or planned?

------------------
    ------------------

3. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

CriscoKidd,

No comment.

Just shaking my head and noting the 7 minutes difference in timestamps. He was in such a hurry, that he didn't proofread/spellcheck the title.

Mango

------------------
    The Serious Police are watching

Donate Blood

[This message has been edited by Mango (edited April 22, 2000).]