1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sturgis COVID rally

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 8, 2020.

1. dmoneybangbang

If it helps thin out the herd and save us some money on entitlements...... by all means.

RayRay10 and Sanctity like this.
  2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

"We are at 7% for contract tracing"? Just LOL. I think you meant "contact tracing"? ....and Deb, deaths are far more important than a contact tracing statistic. #livesmatter

The lengths you will go to to defend Cuomo's 32,000 deaths is comical.

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I do not defend what happened in New York. What I don't understand is how you think over 4,000 people dying right here in Texas is a good thing for this past month. All you do is compare us to New York. I have never once heard you act concerned or show a bit of empathy, or even acknowledge that we have a bad situation here.

If you think contact tracing isn't important, and that it's no big deal that we are only at 7% of what's needed, then you really don't give a damn. I guess as long as our deaths are lower than NY 4 months ago, that's all that matters. No tears for anyone here, as long as it's not your own family. Man, you really are heartless. You really do disturb me with your callous attitude.

RayRay10, T_Man and DVauthrin like this.
  4. bigtexxx

I have an abundance of empathy. Just look back at how many times I've tried to help you with your logic and critical thinking!

5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

You disgust me at this point really. I will call you out on your repeating BS, but debating with a man who doesn't care about the thousands dying in our state is pointless. I care, you don't.

VooDooPope, CometsWin, Reeko and 5 others like this.
  6. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Some of these bikers are dumb to a 'T'. Bikers for Trump claiming the pandemic is exaggerated.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

New here? Only engage as it entertains you, there's no real debate going on, no logic arrived at, no solutions proposed. It's just personas exercising their egos.

RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Admit it: deep down, some people want the bikers to catch COVID, coz they deserve it.
    And deep down, other people want the faggy libs to catch COVID at school, coz they deserve it.

Americans are assholes who don't even like themselves.

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fify

davidio840, RayRay10 and sirbaihu like this.
  10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

It's interesting: we do have a lot of self-hate. Maybe we are punishing ourselves.
    Our racial history, our twenty-year wars, our greenhouse emissions, our embrace of economic inequality.
    I doubt there is anyone on this board who feels kinship with a person just because he/she is American.
    People are proud of America (themselves), but Americans do not necessarily care about Americans.

11. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Just the racist outlaw 1% type of bikers. These guys heavily traffic narcotics, illegal firearms, human/sex amongst other things.

AleksandarN and RayRay10 like this.
  12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

This is the result of us, Americans, being brainwashed relentlessly at a world-class level for decades.
    The American people feel like they are #1: yeah, they are the huge elephant that does the labor.
    The American people have been the biggest labor machine in need of blinders, cattle prodding, scaring, whipping (!), since WW2.
    We are the biggest target on the planet (except maybe the Chinese masses now).
    They are shoving the elephant into the unsafe workplace, so the plantation can keep running like before.
    The boss really really wants to keep being the boss.
    Coz he is old and fat and not a nice a person and has no skills, actually, except being a boss.

If America is so great and mighty like we say, then wouldn't we, the American people, be the biggest target for manipulation, coercion, brainwashing? Because we are the mighty force?

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If your #1 hobby is putting on stupid looking leather outfits when you are old & fat, going and getting drunk, and just riding around drunk on a bike for days on end stopping at bar after bar.... you naturally aren't someone with major care for the health & safety of yourself and others.

These guys are living an alter ego fantasy anyways where they feel like when they get suited up, and ride a Harley down the street that they are transformed into the worlds biggest badass when in their daily lives they are just normal white dudes who wear Khakis and a button down to work, and have a 35 year old woman as their reporting manager approving their PTO.

So give these guys a break. This is where they feel like they are a superhero in their only escape in life. Being a biker as a hobby is one of the more sad things I've seen, but I know that these guys need this, and without that escape many would take it out on their wives, and be miserable old men. They need their Covid party, their leather chaps, their Harley, and they need Trump & FoxNews to feel like empowered badasses.

I will not be one that thinks much of them continuing Sturgess. Although I've made sacrifices in my life with my "alter ego" passions that they have no. Mine being going to concerts, jamming out with friends thinking we are rockstars, and traveling yearly to go surf in Costa Rica.

14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

lol. this is good writing.

RayRay10, B-Bob and dobro1229 like this.
  15. bigtexxx

Aren't you from China? LOL

Let's talk brainwashing, shall we?

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Haha... okay. It's so true though. You have to put in context the alter ego element of bikers... 99% of those at Sturgis are Khaki wearing family men in their daily lives. And I can relate as someone who indulges as a wannabe rock star and pro surfer too. Those guys are ridiculous but I get it. The men of the boomer, gen X, and some older Gen Y guys live largely unfulfilling lives. They need that alter ego as escapism. It's really no surprise that older white men are so drawn to Trump. I sort of get it in a weird way even if they are just vehemently wrong, and self defeating.

davidio840, RayRay10 and Os Trigonum like this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

subcultures of ANY kind are pretty interesting. I think folks get the same benefits from Harley riding to Sturgis as they do from activities ranging from model railroading to Civil War reenacting. I don't think there's anything unique about Sturgis per se--and this isn't a critique by any means of what you're saying, I think your point about alter-ego escapism is dead on. Just a really nice pair of posts I think. deserves its own thread. ;)

RayRay10 and dobro1229 like this.
  18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I love Costa Rica. I try to spend 5 or 6 weeks there every couple years since I first went there 6 years ago. My highlight was having a conversation with Robert August one day on the beach. Robert's a good friend of the owner of my favorite old surf shop in Port Aransas, which had a mini museum of surfing. Robert's such a nice guy, and one of my idols.

dobro1229 and RayRay10 like this.
  19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Hard to call it natural selection when these old farts can’t procreate and will die of lung cancer or heart disease within 10 years anyway.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

That indeed. I never cease to be amazed when I hear about some of them. Some are just weird subcultures of people I never even knew about, and some I wish I had never learned about....LOL.

RayRay10 likes this.