1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stupid Republican Candidate Pledges

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Jul 11, 2011.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So there was a pledge the republican candidates signed in Iowa. Included in the pledge was a statement that has now been retracted that paraphrased, black families were more stable in 1860 than after the election of the country's first black president.

this is mentioned in the primary thread but it only discusses the p*rn or gay marriage issue i think. i think these crazy pledges these idiots sign deserves its own thread. plus the fact that most of the wingnuts in congress signed pledges that's going to prevent them from signing any debt deal, even if the only revenue increases is canceling tax loopholes for billion profit corporations.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

3. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

agree, this pledge is idiotic.

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Isn't there something in the pledge that says they have to affirm that married couples have better sex?

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

its ridiculous and sad. and people take this party seriously. i really hope the american people are watching particularly for congress 2012. i hope they pass a small agreement to get the debt ceiling raised and then a new democratic congress can get back to real work.

michelle bauchmann (god bless her because i actually do think she is authentic and raising all those foster kids deserves credit) is a real candidate. she has no legislative accomplishments and she started bills for instance insuring the dollar is always the unit of currency and not the yen.

most of those new house republicans whom were elected last year only have submitted social issue bills (lol at the tea party saying they aren't concerned about social issues) and have done nothing to try to get hiring stimulated. its sickening, i hope this country wakes up.

6. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Now now now, just because Bachmann signed it doesn't mean she KNEW it said that. I mean, she has clearly explained that she only supported the "candidate vow." This is really great, as now we won't have to worry in the future when she signs something, since she only supports the parts that don't make headlines which support the potential argument that she is a raving lunatic. This is especially handy for considering someone who might be asked to sign the most important documents in the world one day.

7. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Even CrazyDave knows Michelle is crazy.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

There's a pretty endemic strain of pro-confederate nostalgia/revisionism that inadvertently strays into GOP'ster thought and speech every now and then, a lot of which has some pretty horrific implications, think Rand Paul inveighing against the Civil Rights act, Rick Perry's secessionism, etc - the only surprising thing is that nobody seems to care much anymore.

9. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

agreed.

[​IMG]

10. esteban

esteban Member

LOL....Basso, you are the best!

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

its really sad, but i think the news of the wording in this pledge is picking up. it really shouldn't be ignored that something so egregious was placed in there.

and no, i'm not ignoring the other ridiculous claims. also, bauchmann's husband is in the news for his techniques to turn straight people gay. i really don't have that much of a problem with it, because it is voluntary. its hilarious though.

12. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

so, he's for people being able to buy cucaine or poon, right?

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

saw this earlier in the morning. when are these guys going to realize energy conservation is a national security issue. i think even mccain realized it till his buddy went around saying drill baby drill.

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I led the pigeons to the flag of the
    United States of America,
    and to the republic where witches dance,
    one Asian, in the garage,
    invisible with liver tea
    and just us four frogs.

17. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Republican Candidate Pledge-"Halfway around the world, they dream of the promise we fulfill today, of a future we choose. The future we choose is to choose not to choose. We have a national tax plan, but no national energy plan, no national climate plan, no national education plan, and no national health-care plan. We must let private enterprise run our country. Only organizations with responsibility only to their financial stakeholders should be given the power to determine how many prisoners we keep, and how we educate our children. The government must not intervene. Redistribution of wealth should not happen, unless it is to the top 1% of America. Government should be reset back to when Rousseau first wrote the Social Contract. This should be a century of ruin and greed everywhere, and America should lead the way."

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I lol'd

19. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

Bachman believes and states on air that the founding fathers worked tirelessly to end slavery......that tells you all you need to know about her intelligence.

20. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Unfortunately, all it tells her supporters is that "liberals" are "elitist snobs." (note: it doesn't matter if they're actually liberal in their perspectives - if you disagree with a conservative point then you are automatically a "liberal". you are not just somebody disagreeing with a certain point.)

I guess truth doesn't matter all that much anymore.