1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

stupid question about rockets games on houston tv

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by futureman, Aug 9, 2007.

1. futureman

futureman Contributing Member

are all the rockets games broadcast in the houston area (except for those that might be on national tv)?

i'm an out of town fan thinking of getting a extra cable box at my parents house in houston and hooking a slingbox up to it so i can watch the local broadcast in nyc or where ever. it might even be cheaper than the nba package.

any help?

2. scv_rockets

scv_rockets Member

Yep.

All Rockets games (when they're not shown on National television) are either shown on FSN Houston or KNWS.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Don't get a slingbox, get a Hava, same thing, but better quality and features.

I have one, it rocks...

Another option for you would be get your parents to sign up for league pass and just use their sign up to watch the games on your computer over the internet.

DD

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

They still have the local feed when the game goes national........so you can stick with bill worrell, then check what walton is saying and go back to the local feed when you get pissed.

NBA TV is blocked out when the rox play though.

5. bushi63

bushi63 Member

i dunno how much all that sling box business is.. but u can just order NBA league pass and get all the games.. its like $170 for the whole season.. maybe less.

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

it wouldnt work because if his folks lived in houston all the houston online broadcasts and archived games would be blacked out. he is better off getting league pass in his own area or if he doesnt have cable/sat trying to split the costs with someone outside of the houston area. they'd obviously get to watch it on tv and he'd be able to get the leaguepass broadband.

7. streetx613

streetx613 Member

kind off topic sorry...
    but does anyone know when the rockets will announce the tv schedule?
    like what games are going to be on fsn and what games are going to be on knws

8. liangqj

liangqj Member

I am from China.
    Maybe I can watch all Rocket game. :p

9. Melo

Melo Member

anybody know if nba broadband will stream games again this year ;> it was very nice to live in Poland and watch Rockets with Bill Worrels commentary :) i dont like to watch Rox games on china tv, they're screamin so loud that when im in the bed (in central europe it is round 2 AM) I mostly turn down volume to near zero :eek:

10. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

Im in College Station so I have to get the NBA League Pass through Dish Network but who cares...That $189 is the best investment I make every year :D

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Think all that info was listed when the schedule came out, check the Rockets site

12. matty101

matty101 Member

Bushi. Im from Australia and only got to watch about half the games last year because of school commitments. i just had a few questions about NBA league pass. I was wondering if i could get it here in Aus and if i can doesn it take up my download limit. Because at the moment using TVU player and Sopcast is chewing into my DL limit and im getting capped very easily.

Advice would be appreciated :)

Thanks Mate.

13. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

Anyone know if some of the Rockets games will be in HD, when not on TNTHD? Since they did it for the Astros, it makes me wonder if they'll do it for a winning team. :) Makes a better difference in basketball than baseball, IMO.

14. sumofuk

sumofuk Member

You can also use orb.com and its free!!