1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stupid movie cliches.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Sep 4, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The 'nerdy' girl takes off her glasses and scrunchie
    all of a sudden she is the prettiest girl in the school

Rocket River

2. moose

moose Member

Bollywood anyone?

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

STUPID movie cliches off the top of my head...

- Setting up sympathetic hard luck character who's gonna move onto a better life away from the grind by retiring or moving to another region, but they killed. Life isnt fair, but its so cliche in movies it stinks

- Left-for-dead character who had 30 gun shots and 50 stab wounds comes back and saves the day for good guys, perilously close to the jaws of defeat. Bonus if its sympathetic hard luck character but resurrected

I think high school culture is the scourge of society. Thats where all the corruption is breeded :eek: Lets all learn to get along. Except high school, narrowly define yourselves in cliques and be divisive.

4. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

car chase scenes on crowded streets were not one pedestrian gets hit. Even when the cars are driving on the sidewalk.

5. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

It may be cliche but that's what I do all the time.

6. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

In sports movie:

the very bad team, with people that sucks at the sport, wins in the last second against a very well formed team with very talented players.

7. Shroopy2

I was gonna say Lack of Depth Wooden Female Character. If she's not falling in love or making brownies and doing secretarial work for people, she just seems to be filler or just plain getting in the way.

If you're implying gender bias and females getting "held back", I think thats BS if I can honest. :) Society still has work to do but I think in film its all about the money. If 3 times the people watch Angelina Jolie at 55 years old kicking ass over a dude in the same role, they'd cast her over the dude easy. If you can't see that women have closed the gap and are closing it even further, not sure what to say. Women RULE daytime TV, its not even close.

In truth animated characters rule the film world.

8. Shroopy2

And of course all it took to get them over the hump was a no-nonsense coach with uncompromising rugged standards, and some very creative "outside the box" playcalling.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

"I"m getting to old for this ****"

10. liljojo

liljojo Member

Just once I'd like to see a movie where there's a small town team full of scrappers that gets completely obliterated by a superior team in a richer school district because their risky play calling caused too many turnovers/errors. I'd find that to be pretty amusing.

11. ThaShark316_28

That would be the Miami(OH)/Florida game from today.

12. spydermex

spydermex Member

thats called real life.

13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

its about being fair. they understand its bad enough that it's 20 vs 1, so the honorable thing to do is to fight one at a time. you obviously never been in many 20 vs 1 fights. :cool:

14. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

person facing group of friends or coworkers badmouthing a boss, ex, or someone, then everyone but the person talking stops and looks behind the talker. The talker pauses then says "he/she is right behind me isn't he/she?"

A spy couple will say ordinary couple things while battling 10 bad guys. "What's for dinner?" "can't you see I'm a little busy right now" (while punching a bad guy)

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yes, I get the whole honorable thing... but do the rest of the gang have to dance around the fight the whole time?

16. Shroopy2

Take all the action out of it, and that's the Ocean's 11-19 movies.

Real life is, real. Thats why its called fiction :)

If people in real life keep debunking all the myths and live solely through science and and fact-based elements, things like Christmas movies will be scoffed at as "nonsense based on ignorant man-made beliefs in deities". So enjoy it it all before they deflate all the fun out of it.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What's that creepy sound in this creep place? . . let me go over there and see . .. . and that's when the killing starts.

Rocket River

18. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

But I love french bread and celery, damnit!!! :mad:

19. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

No, it's definitely Sid the Kid.

20. conquistador#11

The only movie that fooled me was "Lucas". I really thought the kid was going to catch the ball..he was wide open.