1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Study: $50K In Houston Equals $123K in NYC

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by basso, Feb 6, 2009.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

2. Toneh83

Toneh83 Member

Oops. I completely worded that wrong. I was born and raised in Houston, it wasnt intill I turned 24 is when I decided to move to Cali. Which was last year. Now Im 25. I agree with the clubs, strip joints and bars. They are small, and very much packed. And the women are approachable, but its a different beast. Certain women from different areas, you need a different game plan. Or just crazy money, depending on what type of woman you're trying to encounter. I love the nightlife I currently have, cause Im not a big clubber. Nor do I go to the strip-joints. I do go to clubs once in a great while though. But Im more of an house parter/beach goer/resturant goer, so I guess Cali is just perfect for me.

I can conur about the hispanic people though. Being Hispanic myself, I do not know any people that speak like that personally(though I have met people like that but I didnt consider them friend material.), since all my hispanic/latin friends are all white-washed moderately or completely, including me. But I guess you just met different people.

3. tinman

Supporting Member

Hispanic people are just different everywhere.

Have you met any hispanics from san antonio? they are so different. same with el paso. all the hispanics i met from san antonio (at least in college) couldn't speak spanish. i found that wierd, cause the hispanics in htown speak spanish.

4. Gooback

Gooback Member

Im white washed myself and i know which Hispanics are by the way they dress and speak here in Houston-i just can't stand the ghetto personality that carries with most Hispanics. In Cali, they dress white washed but speak ghetto. The reason i loved the Hispanic women in Cali first of all was looks, im into lighter skin and a lot there have light skin and colored eyes, more Spanish blood i guess and mixed. So basically a lot look white but they have the culture which is a turn on. I just wish they were better educated.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

Have you watched American Me or Blood In, Blood Out?

6. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

are you saying lighter skin color=better looks :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek:

7. Gooback

Gooback Member

Gimmie some chon chon...

i dont know what american me is though...

8. Gooback

Gooback Member

Im not attracted to women darker than me for some reason...know what i mean? Everyone has their preferences.

9. Gooback

Gooback Member

You know, i stay on the NW side of town, hardly go anywhere else and the Hispanics here barely speak Spanish.

I can tell you that i feel like im in a completely different city when i go to the South side of town. It feels dirtier to me...

10. Gooback

Gooback Member

Well actually, let me re-phrase that.

Im MORE attracted to lighter skinned women than darker.

So I'm not saying i wouldn't hook up with someone darker than me just b/c of that but just that i notice lighter skin when i notice broads im attracted to.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

American Me was the better of the two, more serious. I thought Blood in Blood out was entertaining. Vatos Locos!

American Me
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_JcZCoUDmBk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_JcZCoUDmBk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Blood in Blood Out
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C-nV0AiCuWk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C-nV0AiCuWk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

12. Gooback

Gooback Member

13. Toneh83

Toneh83 Member

Hah. I feel the same way. But more so with blacks. My girlfriend's friend is black, and she dresses white-washed/your typical "scene" girl, but man, is she ghetto. The hispanic women out here are gorgeous. Thats why I went and nabbed one. She's mixed, puetro-rican and lebanese. I swear to god though, if you hear her talk, you'd swear she's white.

To answer your last post as well, I dont speak a lick of spanish. Hispanic people usually ride my a$$ for not being able too. Though, her parents thought I was a gang member coming out of Houston. They think Im really dark, but Im as light as Jessica Alba. Maybe a tad bit more lighter.

14. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

NY residents end up better off than us, even though they get less value in their younger years.

They can make their money in NYC, and move down to Houston with a huge retirement account and starting their own business with the huge chunk of change.

If you work all your life in Houston, you will end up with at least a million less in your 401k.

15. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Living in San Diego, I prefer Houston. Thats just me. Its costlier out here and honestly, I'm not a big fan of the people. People seem smart out here, but a lot of time they're not as smart as they'd like to believe. I know really smart people back home in Houston, but they (Californians) tend to look at Texans as dumb. Everything is also so PC that its a little too much sometimes.

Another thing is that in my experience, it seems like race is a lot bigger issue out here. Not saying there aren't racists people in Houston, but the city is so diverse that I guess I never really pay attention to the race thing that much. Out here, its brought up a lot more.

Women aren't really approachable, at least not like home. The people seem to take themselves way too seriously. No one uses their blinker to change lanes or turn. It also seems like in Texas in general people will start up a conversation with you all over. Not so much out here, definitely didn't experience that on the East Coast all the times I've been up there.

Saying that there are cities I do like. Philly comes to mind. I just prefer home. On top of all that, I don't have to pay out of market prices to watch the Rockets or Texans.

Thats just me though.

16. Toneh83

Toneh83 Member

I've had alot of experiences with people in CA, that thought people from Texas were really ignorant. That we still rode horse and carriages everywheres and didnt have any buildings, just shacks and huts. Didnt believe that the south lost, etc. They were ignorant per sa, just really misguided. It was a genuine belief they had of us. But I guess the media just shows us as being cowboy like and not having open-minded and racist.

I also hate how PC it is here. Its disgusting. I cant even say black, without someone looking at me like I hate that ethnicity. I agreed about the women with another poster. People really do take themselves too seriously. Like everyone is too "Hollywood" for certain people who dont carry themselves like that.

Driving, is like that here. We also tend to have way more road rage, and tend to drive bumper to bumper and driver faster. When I drove to Texas, I did that to drivers here and they got out of my way. I think they didnt appriecated very much, but its what I got use to. I got my first speed ticket in Sealy. I was going 90 in a 70. I forgot how slow 70 is. Even worse when I get into Houston where its like 60-65. I have to say, Cops are more chill how speeding and other things in general in CA. In Houston they swarm like roachs, they constantly speed trap everywheres and just all around intimidating.

With all that being said, I miss watching the Astros, Rockets and Texans. Im tired of seeing nothing but Laker, Warrior and Clipper games. =[

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

And probably way more jobs. And something tells me New York has more in common with big cities overseas (which all seem to have larger populations than NYC) than it does with any other city in this country. And locals who are more used to interacting with foreigners (although Houston probably fits this bill to some extent).

18. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

what's wrong with that? i'm typically attracted to light-skinned blondes

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Some people freak out when people are attracted to a certain skin type... I don't get it. Like we're not supposed to have specific tastes?

20. Hmm

Hmm Member

some sensitive/paranoid persons worry it denotes an underlying form of racism.. go figure..

my initial preference has always been inclined to the light skinned variety of women.. japanese, korean, and caucasians/anglo-saxon/ light skinned mediterranean w/e.. but ended up most falling for a decently tanned taiwanese girl..