1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Stubhub Question...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BIG-Tnguyen, Oct 6, 2010.

Tags:
  1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I know many, many brokers. With very few exceptions, I would not trust any of them with anything. Obviously, your risk is low if you buy $ 5 or $ 7 tickets. But I have seen brokers defraud lots of people with a lot more expensive tickets.

2. Rockets9495

Rockets9495 Contributing Member

Which brokers do you know? You obviously know the wrong ones.

3. MaloneyPony

MaloneyPony Member

As an owner of theticketexperience.com I appreciate the positive feedback we've gotten here... Yes a local broker should match StubHub's pricing and often times brokers have better deals or at least can make you a better deal.

i.e. if someone calls us interested in a few games we will offer a discount of some sort, you can't call stubhub and get that kind of service.

I've never heard of any issues with any of the local houston brokers defrauding people, at least the ones who have actual offices and take payment via credit card. Sometimes for the premium games and 'hot' concerts the prices the market is demanding may upset you but you won't get defrauded.

4. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Stubhub's fees are pretty high.

I sold my OU ticket freshman year for 360? I think they took out like a good 15-20% commission.... Ouch