1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stubhub Question...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BIG-Tnguyen, Oct 6, 2010.

Tags:
  1. BIG-Tnguyen

BIG-Tnguyen Member

Is it good to buy the tickets that you have to print out?
    i am new to this..

2. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I used it for Rockets tickets once (had to go to Carl Landry's return to Toyota Center!). It was just fine.

3. BIG-Tnguyen

BIG-Tnguyen Member

thank you so much, i am trying to get some concert tickets for a friend and i.

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i dont like the print out kind because i feel that they wont work when i get to the line, but i've never had a problem with it either. Although do print a copy of different printers...just in case one doesnt work.

5. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

I've bought the print out tickets from stub hub a few times and never had a problem.

6. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Ive used them quite often over the years for Rox, Stros and Texan games and NEVER had an issue.

7. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

i forward my astros tix all the time and people print them out w no prob whatsoever....just make sure the originals are thrown away bc once either are scanned, the other doesnt work

8. Rockets9495

Rockets9495 Contributing Member

stubhub is a ripoff.

9. Roxboys

Roxboys Member

Elaborate?
    Me and a group of friends going to rockets games at 7 dollars a piece including fees, sure does make me feel like I got bent over every time I use them.

10. Rockets9495

If you paid 7.00, that means you could have gotten them for 5.00 without stubhub. Therefore, you got a good deal but technically got ripped off.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

But stubhub provides a 100 % guarantee that you do not get from the scalper to whom you pay $ 5.

By your logic, ebay is a ripoff as well, because theoretically you could have gotten whatever you bought on ebay for the price you paid minus the ebay fees.

Both ebay and stubhub provide a useful marketplace service, obviously they need to charge fees.

12. rockets934life

Where can you get the Tix at that price, using your logic? Ebay maybe but their prices are usually higher then stubhub to make up for the fees. I've used Craigslist but always sweating buckets at the gate hoping they are legit, with Stubhub no problem. If there is a better site, please let us know?

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You could also check viagogo.com, it was founded by the founder of stubhub, but they are stronger in Europe and only have a bit of a presence in the US.

14. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

I feel that StubHub fees are way too high.
    The only time that I ever use StubHub is when the tickets are sold out at the box office and I can't find them anywhere else..and I really need to go to the event.

15. Rockets9495

You could go to the actual Houston Ticket broker who is selling the tickets thru stubhub and buy direct and save the money. The stubhub guarantee is worthless when you get to the game and the tickets don't scan (trust me it happens more than you would think). Yes they will provide a refund if there is a problem, but so would a ticket broker. I am not talking about the scalpers on the street. I am talking about using an actual ticket broker.

16. Rockets9495

theticketexperience.com

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The scalpers on the street usually work for the brokers. Both are equally trustworthy (in 80 % of the cases, not at all). Good luck getting a refund. Not saying it would never happen, but I would not bet on it.

18. Rockets9495

Correct the scalpers have the brokers unsold inventory and take it to the "street" but they do not "work" for brokers. Any local broker with a legitimate reputation would
    A. never sell bad tickets and
    B. if they were bad for some reason , they would for sure give you a refund and some. This does not go for scalpers, using the scalpers is a risk like craigslist and ebay.

19. rockets934life

Interesting, i'll check it out..thanks

20. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

I actually have a great system I use that I have saved alot of money with. I find tickets I want on stubhub then I call a Houston ticket broker like theticketexperience.com I tell them what tickets I want from stubhub and they usually always are able to get me the same tickets at a much cheaper price. I never had one issue doing this.