1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stu Jackson on Fisher

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by battousai, May 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. battousai

battousai Member

someone should make a poll, but i am guessing automatic two games suspension.

2. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Atleast 1 game suspension. ATLEAST.

3. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

lol i say it's 50/50 whether or not he even gets a 1 game ejection, when has there even been a 2 game ejection for anything like that?

4. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

doesnt a flagrant 2 warrant an automatic 1-game suspension?

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

1 game suspension easy. If not, Stern is just testing the fans perseption of fairness in the league.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yes, the league will review it and if its upheld he'll be sitting out Game 3.

7. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

It seemed like a hard NFL like tackle to me. It was funny to hear his explanation of what he was trying to do in the post game interview. I would suspect at least 1 game suspension.

8. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

probably not 2, just 1 or maybe none cuz its the lakers? but i heard stu is a fair man, so maybe 1 suspenision game

9. acole

acole Member

What about Kobe's dirty elbow? If the league is not blind he should be suspended either.

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

1 game suspension tops. It really should be a 2 game suspension but it won't happen.

As far as Kobe goes he won't get even fined, much less suspended. Superstar treatment.

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Press conference: "... Stu and the league review it... and there won't be any suspensions involved... with a play like that..." :rolleyes: Fisher.

Dirty ass mo fo. :(

12. doEmDirtyLandry

A Laker gets a slap on the wrist for any flagrant 2. I think it's in the NBA rulebook. can anyone confirm this?

13. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I'm sorry, but if he's not suspended for at least a game, it's a complete joke.

I mean, Fisher turned to see Scola coming, took three steps TOWARDS Scola while loading up his weight. He looked like a fullback trying to pancake a oncoming linebacker.

14. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

That was one of the the worst Laker fouls against Houston since Kermit Washington took out Rudy T.

Washington Jr. I mean Fisher should be suspended for the remainder of the series. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Don't mess with Scola!

15. MattM

MattM Member

Exactly, that was an NFL move.

16. declan32001

declan32001 Member

You're clueless. You don't get suspended unless you throw an elbow or a punch. His post-game quotes are likely to get him fined though, if for no other reason he brought up Kobe's knee and elbow to Shane in game 1.

17. Landlord Landry

the leauge is not blind, they can see $$$$$$$$ a mile away.

18. rwienert

rwienert Contributing Member

the league has to be careful about what kind of precedent they set for this series. fisher will be gone for at least a game. if neither is suspended, it sets up a dangerous example of what the league will and will not tolerate. not that the rockets would do this, but without a suspension there's not much to stop them from putting in a thug to take shots at the other teams players.

it appears discrete elbows to the opponents throat will be fair play in this series. I doubt Kobe gets more than a fine.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

there's no way he gets 2 games for it, it was a bad play, but it wasn't as dangerous as it looked, Fisher actually just got him with the shoulder, initially it looked like he got Scola with an elbow to the face...the league wont suspend him for 2, just one, assuming that's the rule for a flagarant 2, gut the league can always down it to a 1 i believe

20. JChing

JChing Member

if there is no punishment for fisher's action, i will seriously pissed.

wtf is up with lakers hating on scola??