1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Strong Showing From the Timberwolves [vs Lakers]

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by yobod, Oct 5, 2010.

1. yobod

yobod Member

[​IMG]

Still early of course but I like the pick up of Beasley (for nothing). Very underrated trade with tons of potential. I think with the Timberwolves he's surrounded by good young players who he can really grow with as opposed to Miami's mixed assortment of players and everything being run through Wade. The Martel Webster pick up I think went unnoticed also, he always put up good numbers with Brandon Roy out. Ridnour did really well last year in Milwaukee and gave that backcourt a lot of stability when Brandon Jennings was pretty erratic at times throughout the season. The past few years they've had to rely on the overrated Al Jefferson and green light for Corey Brewer. I think as Rambis has more time with the team well see them improve leaps and bounds.

I think they have a nice young squad, and yes Darko is still young ;)

2. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

It was an exhibition game. I didn't watch it, but I'm guessing that very little defense was actually played, allowing for the large point totals for supercoolbeas. I'd like to see him drop 24 pts on the gasol/bynum combo when they are actually trying.

3. scola4

scola4 Member

I didn't watch the game but I would be careful complementing the twolves. They are one of the worst run organizations in the NBA and gm David Kahn is a complete idiot.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

O hai did you guise heer about da strong showing from da Kelvin Cato in da preseason? Lets lock him up for 6 years.

1 person likes this.
  5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Worthless game to base anything on. If you are into fantasy basketball, Beasley would be a good pickup because he's playing on a sorry team that nobody cares about and has no pressure. He can excel in that kind of environment and put up good stats because it won't be worth the trouble of shutting him down when you can blow the T-Wolves out anyway. When there are true expectations and pressure from teammates and fans, he crumbles.

Freewheeling it up in Minny might net Beasley a good contract in a couple of years if he can sucker some team into thinking he's changed.

6. Serg300

Serg300 Member

pos min fgm-a 3pm-a ftm-a +/- off def tot ast pf st to bs ba pts

Looks like Martell Webster shutdown Kobe again. ;)

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I suspect Beasley is going to put up some sick scoring this season if he's not suspended or injured. He has crazy scoring skills. No question about it.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Beasely is overrated, until he learns that he's allowed to drive the ball in every once in a while...

9. lionaire

lionaire Member

I understand that it was an exhibition game, but Martell Webster looked really good. They should try to fit him into the line-up as a two. Also, Wayne Ellington is a TERRIBLE ballhandler.

10. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

I don't think Kahn is quite as dumb as people say...not very polished or tactful maybe, with non-PC lapses in judgement...but that roster is awful. I know Webster and Beasley can light it up against no defense, but that is a team that has a ton of holes on it.

Kevin Love is an awesome player, however, and I'd love to see him on a winning team. Him on the Thunder would be insane.

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Both teams wore home uniforms..

12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

did u guys hear..?? the Timberwolves rated one of the top 5 teams in the power ranking... :rolleyes:

13. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Don't be suprised if the Wolves win the WCF and Michael Beasley becomes the MVP.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'll give you 1,000:1 odds and let you bet any amount you want on this.
    :grin:

Seriously!

15. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

Are you high?

16. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Super Cool Beas is though.

The Wolves will shock the world and hoist the Larry O' Brien trophy this season!

Beasley FTW!

17. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

And they played in London. so both teams were visitors. hehe

18. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Somebody said Darko is the next Vlade Divac.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

webster played awesome

20. OkayAyeReloaded

One word:

DETHRONED

( :rolleyes: )

Beasley took his talents from south beach to the snow (that's gotta suck).