1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[STRIKEFORCE] Fedor vs. Rogers

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Crudder, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Crudder

Crudder Member

Didn't see this posted so lock it if there's one already but I'm just curious if anyone here is going to be watching the Strikeforce CBS fight night on Saturday night and if so, who do you guys have winning from the main card? The fights are:

Fedor vs. Rogers
    Jake Shields vs. Jason Miller
    Gegard Mousasi vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou
    Fabricio Werdum vs. Antonio Silva

For the winners, I've got Fedor, Shields, Mousasi, and Werdum. Does anyone here think Rogers will be Fedor?

1 person likes this.
  2. Jayou

Jayou Member

Only if he gets lucky with a KO punch like with Arlovski.

I've not seen Mousasi fight before, but he's beaten some really good fighters. Hope to see a good one.

3. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Member

Fedor---- (although, I would love to see Rogers knock him the F out)
    Miller
    Mousasi
    Silvia

Mousasi is one bad mofo. This dude is going destroy Sokoudjou.

#3 Legend Killer, Nov 6, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  4. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Fedor is the man.....but hes ducking the ufc so hope rodgers KO's his ass.....better yet...win by sub...lol that would be crazy

5. Asian Sensation

I can totally see Brett Rogers shocking the MMA world with a knockout victory.

6. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

Screw the UFC. Hope Fedor destroys Rodgers.

First round Sub by Fedor

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

I hope Strikeforce is successful -- the UFC needs some competition.

8. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Screw the ufc?....do you have any reason in saying that?....

Going out on the limb saying Fedor by sub first round? :rolleyes:

9. Crudder

Crudder Member

I think overall, the SF card is pretty great, at least compared to the future UFC cards that seem to be missing a lot of their star fighters due to injuries/illness (e.g., Brock, Silva, Machida, etc...).

It'll be good if SF can compete with the UFC... whether or not Fedor wins or loses, I'm pretty sure everyone can agree he isn't going to be subbed by Rogers lol...

Last, I'm pretty excited for the Mousasi fight... he's one of those young up and coming 205ers that I think will do very well in the years to come...

10. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

Yeah aren't all predictions going out on a limb? :rolleyes:

11. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

I hope Fedor doesn't get knocked out. I still want to see him in the UFC and if he loses to a slob like Rogers he will lose all of his mystique.

I'm giving a free pass to all the MMA bashers to go off on this main event. Two fatties who aren't technical strikers swinging wildly at each other. Should be a good night for knote32.

12. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Member

This.

Dana White's ego needs to be put in check.

13. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Member

Rogers is no slab... Dude has bricks for hands and even if he loses on Saturday, I see him moving to the UFC. He is a legit heavy weight

14. Crudder

Crudder Member

After watching Fight Camp 360 on Rogers, I do feel bad for him because he has a family to raise and comes from a very poor background...but I really don't think he's a match for Fedor at this point other than a one punch knock-out...however, I do agree that Rogers is a legit heavy and should be fine if he decides to move to the UFC.

15. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Member

I agree... I see Fedor submitting him in the first, but I wouldn't be surprised if he catches Fedor either.

16. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

I wasn't talking about his skills as much as his body type. He just doesn't look like a professional athlete and doesn't really help with the mainstream perception of the sport. He looks like he belongs in the Tank Abbot days.

[​IMG]

17. Crudder

Crudder Member

I don't think it'll necessarily help with the mainstream perception of the sport but most viewers will end up being casual viewers and they probably will enjoy watching a huge Rogers fight a pudgy Fedor lol

18. King1

King1 Member

Watch Chad Dawson's rematch with Glen Johnson on HBO instead. Fedor vs. Rogers is a garbage fight. Rogers has no ground game, and is overrated because of his easy KO victory over Arlovski. Fedor is going to sub him easily. Dawson/ Johnson was a great first fight and should be better the second time around.

19. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

I'm envisioning another Fedor-Gary Goodridge style beat down tonight.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

[​IMG]

I wonder if Fedor will ever get back into acting -- he was awesome in Sling Blade.