1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stoudemire to make his debut tonight.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by C1UTCH-C1TY, Jan 1, 2013.

1. C1UTCH-C1TY

C1UTCH-C1TY Member

After undergoing preseason knee surgery, New York Knicks All-Star forward Amar'e Stoudemire will make his season debut on Tuesday night against the Portland Trail Blazers, a league source told Yahoo! Sports. Yahoo! Sports

2. SK34

SK34 Member

Their losing streak begins now.

3. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

I don't care what the fire marshall says, get those fire extinguishers removed STAT.

4. VBG

VBG Member

switch game on.

watch hickson get offensive rebound and and 1 play on knicks.

see who was guarding him.

yeah amar'e is back

5. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

It's true, JJ Hickson just had the half of his career when guarded by Stoudemire.

6. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

I guess I should have posted Hickson's half time stats while I was at it:

18 points, 8 boards. At the half.

7. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

I'll withhold saying that he is going to kill this team until he plays a few more games, but seriously....

His first possession he stepped out of bounds.
    Missed a few jumpers over the next few plays while getting boarded on defensively.
    Allowed a wide open alley-oop to Hickson that made Woodson so angry that he pulled him immediately thereafter.

That dude has got to find a groove coming off the bench and a way to contribute to wins with more than just offense or else he is going to get a wicked tag in the NBA: Team Killer.

8. munco

munco Member

He'll get blamed if the Knicks start losing, but they've already been on a slow decline since they started out red hot. I don't think they're a legit contender.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

The Knicks are not losing this game b/c of Amare. It's their D and they're now falling back to earth with their 3s. They were never that good.

10. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

True.

True.

Agreed.

But there is some credence to the idea that Stoudemire is just taking shots away from Knicks players who shoot the ball a lot better than he does. With the amount of rust on his game right now, he should just be setting picks and trying to rebound. But since those are things he barely ever does even when healthy, it's not surprising that he's doing what he's doing.

11. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Melo and Smith(most of the time) have been money, but everyone else is falling back to earth as you say. The injury bug probably will continue to haunt them all season because they've got too many miles on those tires.

I think they'll end up playing .500 ball the rest of the way. Maybe end up with 46 to 50 wins.

12. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

The Knicks will try to force Amar'e on us again. Let's pretend we're not home.

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Ed Davis > Stoudemire

Greg Smith > Stoudemire

14. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Well it's a team game, so I would contend that you never lose a game solely on the play of one person, but he did make a lot of defensive mistakes out there tonight. He was leaving shooters open instead of stunting and recovering off non-shooters and providing almost no weak side help on drives.

He just got back playing and it's hard to blame a guy for being rusty in his debut (especially when he may not be 100%), but at some point here in the near future he needs to shore up his defensive mistakes or else Woodson is going to limit his minutes all year and they may have to deal him.

15. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I BLAME AMARE

16. dchoye

dchoye Member

I like Woodson
    Don't matter if yo popular with the fans
    He gets into yo face coach
    I seen him give Lin a tongue lashing when Lin was Knick and rightful so cause he miss his assignment

17. Nook

Nook Member

Amare has always been one hell of a scorer... problem is that he is horrible on defense.. So if he isn't scoring he isn't helping.